Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist in Discovery Immunology, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information. Janssen Immunology focuses on improving the health and lifestyles of people with serious immunological and inflammatory conditions worldwide and has a leading portfolio of medicines for the treatment of diseases in rheumatology, dermatology and gastroenterology.
We are seeking a motivated scientist to join the newly established tissue inflammation group within Immunology Discovery. This candidate will be part of a team responsible for the advancement of early drug discovery and development programs across the Immunology portfolio, with a focus on the role of stromal and parenchymal cells in the regulation of inflammation.
As a Senior Associate Scientist on our team you will:
- Design, perform and interpret experiments and communicate results to internal and external teams
- Maintain accurate record keeping of experimental data and draft technical or study-related documents to support relevant sections of discovery reports and regulatory documents
- Develop and troubleshoot complex cell-based assays
- Mentor or train other team members on techniques as needed
- M.S. or B.S. in biology or a related discipline with at least 6 years relevant industry or academic experience, performing progressively advanced duties at the Associate Scientist II level
- Molecular biology and protein background is required (e.g. RNA isolation, PCR, ELISA)
- Mammalian cell culture, including ability to isolate primary cells from blood or tissue, is required
- Ability to work in a team based environment with excellent interpersonal skills is required
- Experience in biologics and/or small molecule drug development is preferred
- Experience with in vivo techniques (SC/IP/PO dosing and tissue harvest in mouse models) is preferred
- Experience in flow cytometry is preferred
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)