Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Manufacturing Engineer – Robotics Platform
Requisition ID: 6850181108
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. is recruiting for a Staff Manufacturing Engineer, located in Raynham, Massachusetts.
As part of the DePuy Synthes – Joint Reconstruction organization, this position will have responsibility to lead manufacturing process development activities for new products in the robotic assisted surgery area.
• Responsible for collaborating with R&D engineers to develop new product designs in a multi-functional team environment, specifically to develop creative manufacturing solutions for robotic assisted surgery used for total joint replacement surgical procedures.
• Responsible for establishing the relationship between product design features & the selected methods required to manufacture the product, with focus on those designs that require circuit board and electronic component assembly, electromechanical assemblies
• Provide detailed assessments and critical Design For Manufacturing review of engineering designs/drawings of components and assemblies. Assess the design intent, manufacturability, proper dimensioning and tolerancing of components and assemblies to allow product to transition into the manufacturing environment.
• Complete financial estimates of component and assembly Cost of Goods Sold. Provide analysis and recommendations for feature / mfg cost tradeoffs during the design phase of new products.
• Develop comprehensive, cost effective manufacturing strategies, including supplier selection, to drive product team decisions on sourcing to achieve cost and time targets.
Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline required, preferably Electrical, Mechanical, Electronic or Computer
Experiences & Skills:
• Minimum 10 years of engineering experience with a Bachelor of Science degree or 7 years of engineering experience with a Master’s degree in engineering required
• Minimum 6 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with responsibility for process development, cycle time, yield and cost improvements required
• Proficient ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics required
• Experience working in medical device or similar regulated industry preferred
• Experience in development or manufacturing of robotic devices or components preferred
• Experience in manufacturing or product development of electronic devices and printed circuit board assemblies preferred
• Knowledge in the application of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), including industry standard methodologies and experience in applying DFM to new product designs preferred
• Use of process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma and Lean preferred
• Experience writing and executing equipment and process validations preferred
• Experience working with an integrated new product development team preferred
• Up to 15% travel, domestic and international required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-Massachusetts-Raynham-325 Paramount Drive
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)