Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Institutional Sales Specialist to support Amarillo, TX territory.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
As an Institutional Specialist, you will be responsible for:
• Compliantly achieving sales quota, market share, market share growth, and other business objectives specific to this market segment with its hospital/institutional customers
• Excelling in selling and customer development activities within hospitals/institutions, including, but not limited to, daily calls with relevant customers including cardiologists, hospitals, specialists, and other sites of establishing long‐term relationships and achieving key metrics
• Developing thought-leaders and leveraging the network to influence, contract implementation, protocols and utilization, and gaining access to clinicians
• Demonstrating consultative selling skills and expertise in cardiovascular and metabolic therapeutic areas, healthcare landscape, clinical/therapeutic, Managed Care, and customer using approved compliant documentation and tools to meet customers' decision-making style and prescribing habits.
• Improving access and formulary availability of Janssen products within hospital/institutions by applying a full understanding of reimbursement, formulary, and Managed Care; institutional core measures, contracts costs, liabilities, and length‐of‐stay to favorably influence external customer decision makers, such as state Medicaid, GPOs, wholesalers, and others; healthcare compliance and regulatory guidelines, economic and market trends, reimbursement policies, third‐party payers, hospitals, and federal entities
• Developing and applying expertise in business analytics, marketplace, disease state, competitor, and clinical to implement a compliant and efficient business plan
• Modifying strategy and resources based on insight of conditions within local market and prioritizes time and resources against the highest potential opportunities to improve outcomes. Aggressively addresses competitive threats and emerging opportunities
• Utilizing technology to analyze sales results, track results of activities, update customer account documentation
• Effectively collaborating with internal and external partners developing two‐way lines of communications, and a broad network in which to share all relevant information
• Organizing and completing administrative responsibilities efficiently, including healthcare compliance, expense reports, call reporting, and other assignments by established deadlines.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required
• At least two (2) years of direct selling experience in the healthcare industry (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, other) is required along with documented success in delivering sales results and achieving targets is required
• A valid driver’s license is required
• Residence in, or willingness to relocate to the geography is required
• Ability to independently prioritize and thrive within challenging and dynamic settings is required
• Flexibility to significant travel, including overnight travel, as well as work beyond normal business hours and periodic weekend work is required
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. periodically, sit at a desk for up to 2 hours, climb stairs, walk quickly from place to place between business interactions, and travel by car or airplane independently is needed to perform accountabilities. Full visual acuity is required to operate computer and electronic devices, telephone systems, and drive a vehicle. Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations
• Prior experience in account management and selling to cardiologists, hospital systems and related specialists and sites is preferred
• Company awards or participation in Management Development Program is preferred.
• Knowledge of U.S. healthcare industry, including key stakeholders and delivery of care preferred
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Texas-Wichita Falls
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (6062)