Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR SCIENTIST PROTEIN SCIENCES
Requisition ID: 6830190611
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Protein Scientist at Senior Scientist level to be located in San Diego, CA.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, oncology and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
The Janssen Biotherapeutics organization is seeking a Senior Scientist to join its therapeutic protein discovery efforts based in San Diego. The Protein Sciences group within Janssen Biotherapeutics New Platforms and Technologies primarily provides support for protein and protein-conjugate discovery by preparing, purifying and analyzing proteins and protein conjugates. In this role you will independently determine critical path experiments and deliver high quality results to expedite biotherapeutic discovery efforts. You are capable of leading a cross-disciplinary biotherapeutic discovery program. You understand your field of expertise in depth and have a good understanding of what is required for a successful patent. You can implement innovative chemical and biochemical transformations of proteins to craft therapeutic and tool biomolecules for partners within Janssen PRD.
You will participate in multiple programs supporting multiple therapeutic areas. The position requires collaboration with other departments and scientists within various functional groups so proactive communication to facilitate inter/intra-team workflow/handoffs is critical. You must be able to clearly communicate results, strategy, goals, etc. in an audience/level appropriate manner.
· A Ph.D. or equivalent degree with 5 or more years of experience, preferably in a biotech research environment.
· Proficiency in use of LCMS, liquid chromatography (including HPLC, affinity purification, size exclusion chromatography, ion exchange chromatography), and associated data analysis is required.
· Knowledge of and experience with prokaryotic and eukaryotic DNA manipulation and molecular cloning is desirable.
· As part of a creative, innovative research team you will independently hypothesize, design and execute projects and analyses.
· You have excellent observational, analytical and documentation skills, and are a highly motivated and conscientious teammate.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)