Johnson & Johnson Careers
R&D Project Manager, New Product Development
Requisition ID: 6817181107
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is recruiting for a R&D Project Manager, New Product Development based in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
In this role you will act as a subject matter expert in R&D Project Management. You will identify critical path and roadblocks within a project and identify appropriate solutions. You will have high organizational knowledge, also mentoring and providing leadership to junior project managers.
You will provide personal expertise, as well as project leadership and will properly set-up the projects and actively drive the teams to achieve project goals within a stage gate environment.
Your primary responsibilities in this role will be:
- Working with project team members and other stakeholders to develop project plans and manage project risks for all assigned projects, through comprehensive planning techniques and mitigation assessment.
- Defining project scope, schedule, budget, resources and risks for the project.
- Plan & appropriately communicate project status to key project stakeholders and senior leadership on multiple projects.
- Act as the liaison with the R&D Manager to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Lead cross functional project teams and work with the respective management for resourcing gaps.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Engineering or related Technical fields is required.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum 4 years of relevant experience in a highly regulated industry (GMP, ISO, etc.) required.
- Orthopaedic Medical Device experience is preferred.
- 3 years of proven project management experience is preferred.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) preferred.
- Experience leading a project from concept through introduction is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage a dynamic workload.
- In-depth knowledge of/experience working with project management processes and methodologies and experience managing projects within the triple constraint (scope, time, costs) is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Programs is required.
- Must be able to work independently, elaborate alternative options and scenarios to address issues.
- Proven ability to take ownership of projects & programs and to carry them through to on time completion.
- This position will be located in West Chester, PA and requires up to 10% travel domestically and internationally.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, bid on this position today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)
R&D Engineering (R&D)