Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Government Contract Compliance Officer, R&D
Piscataway, New Jersey; Titusville, New Jersey
Health Care Compliance
Requisition ID: 6816180124
Johnson & Johnson International is recruiting for a Senior Manager to serve as a Government Contract Compliance (GCC) Officer for assigned J&J Companies, currently Janssen Research & Development/Global Government Grants Office. This position will either be based in Piscataway or Titusville NJ, with travel to assigned J&J Companies expected.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The GCC Officer leads and drives the Government Contracting & Pricing Compliance program to ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with J&J internal guidelines, regulations and legislative requirements by providing oversight, direction, guidance, and support to the business and senior management. The GCC Officer serves as a strategic business partner who provides policy interpretation as it relates to activities with Government Contracting & Pricing Compliance implications.
As the GCC Officer, you will:
• Partner with Company leadership (R&D, contracting, finance, regulatory, etc.,) to ensure that the Government Contracting & Pricing Compliance program effectively prevents and/or detects violations of law, regulations and policies by supporting Senior Leadership and Compliance Committees which are responsible for ensuring implementation of an effective compliance program.
• Act as a consultant, reviewer and approver as needed, for business activities that involve GCC risks and will partner with Health Care Compliance Officers and others within HCC&P.
• Ensure the implementation of the Company’s GCC-related operational policies and procedures and will provide appropriate guidance, education, training, and regular communications on GCC to all relevant employees.
• Conduct self-assessment and risk assessment evaluations to detect process gaps & inconsistencies, will support the implementation by the Company’s HCC&P Operations group’s GCC testing & monitoring program and will coordinate preparations for compliance audits, as applicable.
• Implement corrective actions and/or provide oversight and guidance to the business to close gaps identified during audits, assessments, testing and monitoring.
• Respond to complaints and reports of potential misconduct through appropriate investigations and escalations, consistent with Company policies and procedures and will advise senior management within HCC&P and the business units of potential compliance risks, compliance related incidents and investigations, and trends, root causes, and recommend and implement appropriate action plans.
• Partner with Company’s HCC&P Operations team and other key stakeholders to administer policies & procedures, communications, training, and testing & monitoring plans that will monitor Company activities to ensure compliance with company, legal and industry standards.
• Interface with legal counsel regarding GCC requirements and interpretation and work with key stakeholders during system changes and implementations for purposes of assuring no unintended consequences to government contracts or pricing programs.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; a degree in an analytical area would be preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years of business experience, with at least 3 years in health care compliance, government contracts compliance, or a related area, such as finance, auditing, law, contracts and/or grants related to government, commercial or R&D is required.
• Experience in the development and implementation of a compliance program in accordance with the organization's risk profile is preferred.
• Previous experience reviewing & synthesizing complex data and contract terms and conditions to identify compliance risks and develop appropriate controls and/or processes to address new/changing risks is required.
• Demonstrated success with project management, preferably in a matrixed business organization, is required.
• Knowledge of: anti-kickback and/or false claims laws; laws and regulations governing federal and state contracting and pricing programs; and government programs required.
• Knowledge of Health Care Reform laws; financial or auditing practices; government programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, 340B and Veterans Health Care; and US government R&D contracting is highly desired.
• Knowledge of common industry commercial sales practices for healthcare products and the interrelationship between commercial and federal programs is preferred.
• Demonstrating ethical behavior in all situations is required.
• Demonstrated strong organizational, process and interpersonal skills are required.
• The position to be located in Piscataway or Titusville, NJ with travel to J&J company sites expected (up to 25% of domestic/international travel).
United States-New Jersey-Piscataway
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)
Health Care Compliance