Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Package Development Engineer II located in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company touch more than a billion people’s lives every single day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Package Development Engineer II is responsible for providing technical support in the areas of design, development, testing and production scale-up of new packaging component and systems. The individual provides departmental technical support for package development while collaborating with research and development, marketing, market research, supply chain, process excellence and other affiliated departments to identify and address packaging needs.
• Support and/or execute package engineering assignments concerned with lifecycle management initiatives.
• Engage in the lifecycle management of the material and structural aspects of packages, including the integration of the requirements of the product, equipment, Marketing and Supply Chain strategies to ultimately deliver a robust packaging system to the market.
• Lead the development and assessment of the following types of information to support package development and life cycle management initiatives, including but not limited to the following activities: design requirements, definition of the scope of change, packaging and equipment solution proposals, prior knowledge and knowledge gap assessments, risk assessments, test plans, and test results analysis and conclusions.
• Develop, write, gain cross-functional alignment, and route for approval package development documentation that capture the above end-to-end project specific information. (Examples of documentation: Package Component Specifications, Package Development Assessment and Plan documents, Packaging Line Trial Protocols and Reports, Package Development Reports, etc.)
• Understand and ensure compliance with organizational and quality processes.
• Support and/or lead packaging projects related to such areas as compliance initiatives, brand maintenance or expansion, cost saving initiatives, innovative package development, and environment goals.
• Have technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments.
• Determine and coordinate physical testing to ensure product and package integrity for manufacturing through end users.
• Support troubleshooting in the resolution of packaging related issues in manufacturing and the field.
• Execute packaging projects in compliance with government and corporate guidelines.
• Execute package line trials and package testing.
• Contribute to the company with inventions, new designs, processes or techniques which are led to the resolution of problems.
• Facilitate and/or support the development & enhancement of packaging procedures.
• Demonstrates Credo values: integrity and credo-based actions.
• Ensures project team understands package engineering processes and requirements.
• Acts as mentor to engineers and project teams, ensuring there is an understanding of the packaging engineering and validation processes and requirements.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Sciences or Engineering or a related field
• 2 years of industry experience
• 1 years of Package Development experience
• Specific experience within the Consumer, OTC or Pharmaceutical industry
• GMP experience
• Proven work experience in a cross-functional environment relating to R&D, Marketing, Operations, Sales, etc
• Ability to travel up to 10% based on business needs
• Previous experience focusing on managing technical processes and projects
• Experience in performing packaging distribution tests for pharmaceutical products and medical devices using ASTM standards like ASTM 4169 and ASTM 7386
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)