Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Insights & Experience Strategy
New York, New York
Requisition ID: 6780180321
J&J Design (www.jnj.com/design) is an internal design team responsible for creating desirable, feasible and viable holistic solutions across all of Johnson & Johnson: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Devices, J&J Corporate and for J&J employees.
Solving problems for people everywhere is an integral part of our culture at Johnson & Johnson. In collaboration with business partners across the global organization, we use Design Thinking to drive transformational innovation for the health and well-being of all who use our products and services. Our focus on care-centered design enables us to deliver on Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to care for the world, one person at a time.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, we celebrate the uniqueness of our employees and are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our Insights and Experience Strategy (IXS) team is responsible for introducing differentiated, design-related methodologies into the organization that enable new ways of working, while also delivering innovation projects that make impact. IXS additionally develops new brand and communication strategies from an experiential foundation. Through Experience Design, we also design new business models and value exchange.
J&J Design is looking for a creative and accomplished individual for the role of Senior Manager, Insights and Experience Strategy. This position will focus on bringing innovative approaches to our commercial businesses and social impact work. The outcome of your work will enhance healthcare experiences for individuals seeking access to care in different settings, with the purpose of changing the trajectory of human health.
You must be comfortable with the following: ambiguity, leading teams in synthesis activities, conceptualizing future states, providing strategic direction for designing compelling solutions that answer business requirements and, most importantly, the needs of people: our employees, consumers, patients, customers, health care providers and their beneficiaries.
You will embody care-centered design leadership while effectively building collaboration opportunities, working with cross-functional partners and managing diverse teams to ensure timely delivery of compelling design solutions.
The role is located in New York, NY and may require domestic and international travel, a minimum of 25%.
- Collaborate in leading the scope development of design activites into a strategic approach to address a human, business or organizational needs.
- Lead, guide and mentor team members using innovation and experience design-led, practices in global strategy development and in enabling the translation of strategy into local implementation.
- Represent a care-centered design perspective in design for behavior and systems change, as well as experience strategy development and implementation guidance.
- Lead the synthesis of disparate inputs – from secondary sources such as organizational and foundational knowledge to wide-ranging external inspiration and data to developing and helping to field primary research approaches – and create engaging insights, narratives, strategic frameworks that guide design intent.
- Facilitate participatory design engagements with diverse sets of stakeholders, including, e.g., those whom we are serving and internal and external senior leaders. Provide leadership in divergent and convergent activities and empathetically/skillfully leading through potential moments of resistance or conflict.
- Balance people management responsibilities with managing and contributing to multiple programs at different stages of development at one time.
- Monitor key external design and industry trends to influence internal quality of solutions and help shape thought leadership in the organization and industry.
- Invest into initiatives that strengthen our design studio and company culture
- A Bachelor’s degree in a design related field is required with a Master’s in Behavioral Science, Social Innovation or Organization Development and Change Leadership desired
- 10 years’ of experience preferred in design-oriented brand strategy applied to a combination of the following: Healthcare (Consumer, Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices), Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Strong subject matter expertise in design and systems thinking, as well as design for behavior change required
- Portfolio with case studies reflecting strong subject matter expertise with proven results and documented impact in developing ecosystem solutions for complex problems, considering a variety of stakeholders. Experience with global work that spans commercial and resource-limited settings.
- Proven track record of developing insight and envisioning desirable futures, and facilitating the translation into implementable tactics. You are a leader and a doer.
- Proven results managing and inspiring multi-disciplinary design teams and developing diverse talent is required.
- Strong facilitation skills required to engage a variety of stakeholders along the design process and manage effective engagement in change initiatives.
- Proven results in developing clear and engaging communications, with proficiency in design-related software such as Adobe CSS, as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in navigating large, matrixed organizations is highly desired.
United States-New York-New York
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)