Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Engineer III
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 6776190611
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON’S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR® Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer III, located in Fort Washington, PA.
Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates new and existing manufacturing systems for industrial production processes including human work factors, material flow, cost analysis, and process optimization in processing operations.
• Plans, schedules and performs moderately complex projects to evaluate, select, and adapt or modify standard manufacturing techniques, procedures, and criteria to increase the efficiency of plant operations.
• Develops manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
• Studies operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
• Ensures the maintenance of labor and equipment capacity models.
• Applies advanced statistical methods and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
• Performs analytical problem solving and utilizes structured decision-making skills.
• University/Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Science is required with a focused degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial or Packaging Engineering preferred.
• Minimum 4-6 years related experience in the development of manufacturing processes / equipment is required.
• A thorough understanding of line design flow principles and practices, lean manufacturing and the ability to troubleshoot processes and equipment is preferred.
• Working knowledge of project management principles are required. FPX or PMP Certification is a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
• Experience using Excel as an analytical tool is required.
• Strong knowledge and skills in the use of process development tools is preferred (ie. DOE, CTQ flow down, C/E Matrix, pFMEA, fish bone diagrams, etc).
• Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, and training. Green Belt or Black Belt certification is preferred. Experience with cost/benefit analysis is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc) is required.
• Previous exposure to other business applications such as SAP, Ariba, MES, Compliance Wire, etc is preferred.
• Up to 10% Travel may be required for specific projects.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)