Johnson & Johnson Careers
Territory Manager, Diabetes/ADHD-New Brunswick
Requisition ID: 6774190611
Janssen Inc., a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Territory Manager, Diabetes/ADHD, located in New Brunswick.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
As the Territory Manager working in Diabetes and ADHD with Primary Care & Specialist customers, you will be accountable for developing and implementing business plans and sales strategies that are aligned to Company and customer objectives; applying clinical fluency and consultative selling to build support for Janssen products, gain access, and influence customer decision-making to achieve Territory sales forecasts and market share growth; serving as a partner providing valuable solutions and technical support for customers.
- Representing Janssen in the field of Diabetes and ADHD to Primary Care & Specialist customers, including General Practitioners, Family Medical Practitioners, Specialists, key nursing staff and others related to our core business and activities, to achieve sales forecasts.
- Cultivates relationships with key decision makers and applies persuasive, consultative selling skills to increase access and gain product support to achieve Company and customer objectives. Builds purposeful internal and external networks to develop and drive collaborative, valuable solutions.
- Uses in-depth product and clinical knowledge to influence decision-making that benefits the patient. Proactively researches the competitive landscape to adapt strategies to build customer loyalty.
- Develops and executes a Territory business plan, that is customer-centric, and aligns with Company objectives. Evaluates progress and modifies plan based on marketplace knowledge and customer needs.
- Uses quantitative data, qualitative data, and available tools to assess Territory business conditions and performance. Has awareness of high-value customers and profiles customer base according to brand segmentation strategy. Differentiates and targets activities and resources to drive results across priority segments.
- Challenges self to employ unique, yet compliant, strategies to gain increased customer access and commitment. Adapts conventional “tried and true” approaches to improve business results and efficiencies. Finds opportunities to institute new thinking.
A minimum of a University degree is required, preferably in Lifesciences or Business.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 2 years of direct selling or business experience in the healthcare industry is required.
- Experience in a competitive selling environment to specialty customers is preferred.
- Understanding of pharmacology and therapeutic knowledge is preferred.
- Experience in Diabetes is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to thrive in an independent work environment, self-directed and motivated while also demonstrating the ability to work effectively in a matrix project team environment.
- Proven strength with building relationships, business partnering and leading amongst peers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including discussions of highly technical concepts.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen and strategic business orientation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and comfortable learning new technology platforms.
- This position is located in Moncton, Saint John or Fredericton
- Willingness and ability to travel within Territory.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is important to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
North America-Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, North America-Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, North America-Canada-New Brunswick-Moncton
Janssen Inc. (7710)