Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
DREXEL BIOPHYSICS CO-OP
Requisition ID: 6766171211
Janssen BioTherapeutics (JBIO), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Co-op for the Biophysics Intrinsic Properties group.
The Co-op position will provide biophysical support for the selection and characterization of potential drug candidates based on their intrinsic biophysical properties, such as Isoelectric Point (PI), solubility, aggregation propensities, affinity and kinetics of their interaction with target antigens. The co-op will be studying mono-specific and multi-specific drug candidates against recombinant proteins or receptors in a native cell context. This opportunity has a dual benefit for Biophysics group and the potential Co-op student. While the Co-op will benefit from learning technologies/methods that are applicable to biologics discovery in addition to exposure the biotherapeutic development, the Co-op will be an asset providing laboratory support and intellectual input while working with a senior scientist.
- Perform Surface Plasmon Resonance based (Biacore, ProteOn, IBIS and MASS-2) or solution equilibrium based (KinExA, MSD, flow cytometry) characterization of antibody-antigen interactions to answer critical biophysical questions at different stages of pre-clinical drug discovery and contribute to the advancement of Janssen drug discovery pipeline.
- Execute medium to high throughput screening of antibody panels to identify or validate hits as well as execute high-resolution kinetics and affinity analysis of potential drug candidates.
- Maintain up to date lab notebook documentation.
- Ensure adequate availability of routinely used laboratory materials as well as critical reagents.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical or Chemical Engineering).
- Candidates with prior experience handling analytical instruments are preferred.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have good oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)