Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Discovery Translational Research
Requisition ID: 6762190611
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Discovery Translational Research located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior Scientist position in the Discovery Translational Research department under Biologics Development Sciences is a key scientific leadership role for the early development and translation to human of biologic therapeutics across many different therapeutic areas (TA) including oncology, immunology, metabolic diseases, neurology and infectious diseases. As a scientific leader in the department, the Senior Scientist will interact with other functional areas including Nonclinical Safety, Biologics Discovery, Clinical, Clinical Pharmacology, TA Biology and Bioanalytical to provide pharmacokinetic and pharmacokinetic /pharmacodynamics focused strategies at various stage of early research and development of biologic therapeutics. The scope of this exciting position encompasses:
- Interact with biologic and discovery research teams to address key biodistribution-related development questions, design experimental PK/PD experiments, analyze results and to help identify those protein constructs that have the greatest chance of success for further development.
- Lead PK/PD activities, especially biodistribution related, to provide input for early research and development projects.
- Engagement from project entry through FIH study design
- Conduct advanced pharmacokinetic analysis, apply PK/PD modeling concepts, and assess basic research on PK, target engagement, receptor occupancy, antidrug antibody and ADME for biologic drug candidates
- Accountable for determining the starting dose for FIH, predict efficacious dose in human, write and/or review technical reports, interact with global regulatory agencies and be involved in drafting preclinical PK and related sections in an IND or CTA.
PhD in Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related degree is required
Experiences in pharmaceutical research and development is preferred; offering title may be flexible based on the experiences
Solid background and technical capability in pharmacokinetics, pharmacology and biodistribution for biologic therapeutics.
Experience in in vivo experiment and biodistribution related study design is preferred
Strong data management and visualization skill and experiences in WinNonlin, NONMEM, ADAPT, R, and/or other modeling and simulation tools is preferable.
Experience in research and development of biologic therapeutics and or small molecules is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)