Johnson & Johnson Careers
POST DOCTORAL FELLOW PHARMACOMETRICS
Requisition ID: 6748181107
Janssen R&D, LLC (Janssen), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Postdoctoral Fellow in Pharmacometrics.
Clinical Pharmacology & Pharmacometrics (CPP) Department at Janssen is seeking for an outstanding candidate for a position of Postdoctoral Fellow in Pharmacometrics with a 2-year term. This position offers a unique opportunity to work in several therapeutics areas, such as Oncology, Immunology and Cardiovascular/Metabolism, and is focused on the application of PK/PD model-based approach to help address some important questions during drug development for both small molecules and therapeutic proteins. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with quantitative background and affinity to biomedical problems to gain deep understanding of and expertise in clinical pharmacology and drug development.
We are looking for a motivated candidate who has a strong interest in developing novel methods and creative problem solving in PK/PD modeling and simulation. This candidate will be an integral part of CPP and work in close collaboration with experts from other scientific/technical functions. During this fellowship, this candidate will have a full and diverse exposure to all stages of drug development, and an opportunity to make an impactful contribution on the development of novel therapeutics in the discipline of clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics.
The ideal candidate should have recent PhD in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacometrics, Applied Mathematics, Biomedical or Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology or a closely related discipline. This position is an excellent opportunity for somebody with quantitative skills and wider biology exposure to get special focus in clinical pharmacology and pharmacokinetics.
The Postdoctoral Fellow in Pharmacometrics will:
- Work on several high-value pharmacometric projects such as optimizing pediatric development strategy for biologics, use of longitudinal exposure-response modeling approach in assisting streamlined drug development for both biologics and small molecules in immunology and/or oncology drug development.
- Work closely with clinical pharmacologists, statistical modeling colleagues, pediatric development organization, and clinicians.
- Must have a doctoral degree in Applied Mathematics, Pharmacometrics, Pharmacokinetics, Biomedical or Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a closely related discipline
- Previous experience in modeling and simulation using PK/PD data with hands-on familiarity in NONMEM, R, Phoenix WinNonlin, Monolix is preferred.
- Team player and effective communicator with the ability to contribute independently
- Publication record at conferences and/or peer reviewed journals
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)