Johnson & Johnson Careers
Return-To-Work Process Engineer (Re-Ignite)
Requisition ID: 6745190611
Did you take a break from the professional world to pursue other priorities? Do you want to develop technologies and create solutions that significantly improve patients' lives? If you are an experienced, high-caliber engineer eager to return to engineering after a break of two or more years, this “Re-Ignite Career Program is for you.
This four (4) month paid internship as part of our Re-Ignite Career Program will refresh your technical skills while you work with a market leader in healthcare. In addition to key job responsibilities, we provide technical training, professional development, and peer mentoring with full access to the R&D engineering community at Ethicon and the possibility of becoming a full-time employee after completion of the program with the most dynamic health care organization in the world, Johnson & Johnson.
Ethicon, LLC is recruiting for a Process Engineer, located in San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico.
Responsible for providing Base Business Support. Responsible to identify process improvement initiatives and develops proposals for problem solving, improvement or optimization. Support process improvement projects that have the objectives of developing more cost-efficient and quality enhanced processes. Establish the machine hour’s standards and Overall equipment efficiency. Assist in the development of more effective operational control system. Evaluate data generated through studies using statistical analytical methods Responsible for the development and/or revision of production standards and Manufacturing/Packaging process to assure utilization of best process. Performs duties encompassing all process transfers and other projects in an assigned engineering specialization for the development, manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of products, production processes and/or equipment, packaging and other related activities. Coordinates work in conjunction with personnel assigned to specific projects.
- The Process Engineer works in the optimization of process output and throughput, equipment utilization, equipment downtime, waste reduction/yield improvements, budget management, standard cost and capital investment management.
- Provides technical support to the Production areas in evaluating process deficiencies, process changes, modifications and equipment failure.
- Resolves, adapts, and modifies methods and standards to control all aspects of assigned projects or portions of major projects.
- Perform Investigation and writes NC Reports following the established timeline.
- Performs and evaluates established Production Operation metrics for Manufacturing and Packaging Areas. Supports manufacturing in the day-to-day troubleshooting of equipments.
- Leads mitigations to figure out root cause, provide recommendations and may lead NCR’s and CAPA depending on the need or root cause.
- Coordinates communications and interfaces within end users (Ethicon San Lorenzo) and machine manufacturers or suppliers.
- Participates in projects involving other departments and activities (CIM, QIP, CFM, etc.). Evaluates and reports machinery trends and OEE reports.
- Writes, develops and implements validation procedures.
- Develops and presents new or improved methods.
- Solves manufacturing problems in a timely manner. Quality - Services must be of high quality to prevent or reduce to a minimum production's downtimes.
- Engaged in contacts with personnel at all levels within the organization. Considerable contact with quality control departments and headquarter offices.
- Collaborate with appropriate manufacturing representatives to ensure manufacturing operations and projects receive effective technical support in alignment with EPS.
- Follow all environmental, safety and occupational health policies (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHAS 18001)
A current career break from engineering of two (2) or more years, required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required, Electrical, Mechanical and Chemical majors preferred.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in process improvement or maintenance engineering role in the Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Experience with automated assembly and packaging equipment in the Medical Device manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience in developing manufacturing standards is a plus.
- Requires working / visiting all shifts and flexibility to work holidays, irregular hours including weekends per the operational needs.
- Some traveling may be required.
- Process Excellence (Green Belt or Black Belt) and Lean certifications are preferred.
- Advanced computer skills and use of software application(s) including MS Office.
- Able to handle multiple priorities. Experience and working knowledge in short and long term project management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and other employees of the organization
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Puerto Rico-San Lorenzo-
Ethicon Endo Surgery, LLC (7597)