Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Software Engineer, Application Services Data & Analytics
Providence, Rhode Island
Requisition ID: 6732180321
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Enterprise Data Lake engineering team in Providence, RI. This person will provide a leadership role on the development of a data lake platform for Johnson & Johnson’s Health & Wellness line of business. This role involves programming in Java and SQL for big data development.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the highest performing teams incorporate a variety of viewpoints and life experiences. We are co-located team in Providence but support flexibility to balance work and family life. Employment includes access to Johnson & Johnson’s full benefits package.
The Lead Software Engineer will play a key role in leading the development of Analytics solutions in Hadoop environments. The individual is responsible for technical leadership, research, iterative design, experimentation, and software development.
- 8 years professional software development experience is our preferred benchmark for qualified candidates.
- BS Required or MS degree in computer science or similar is preferred. Equivalent experience working in software development/IT will be considered.
- Proficiency with Java is required.
- Experience with or interest in Scala and functional programming is helpful.
- Proficiency with SQL and working with large data sets is required. Experience with Business Intelligence development is desired.
- Hands-on experience with end to end solution delivery of Data & Analytics applications involving structured and un-structured data on Hadoop based platforms, such as Cloudera and AWS EMR, is desired.
- Experience with Linux-based systems required. Strong working knowledge of command line tools is needed.
- Ability to code in common scripting languages such as bash or Python is required.
- Strong working knowledge of tools like Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Spark, Oozie, Hive and Impala is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica and/or Talend is preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices in using visualization tools like Tableau and Qlik preferred.
- Experience integrating Data Lakes with relational databases like PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift or Teradata would be strongly valued.
- Experience documenting best practices and enforcing strong governance in a team is needed.
- A commitment and passion for continuous integration, unit tests, and using automation to ensure stable deliverables is needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team that is both co-located and remote.
- Desire to work in a fast paced and quickly growing startup-like environment.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile Development processes is strongly preferred.
- Experience with JIRA, git/Bitbucket, Confluence or equivalent tools is preferred.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery concepts and tools like Jenkins, SonarQube, Selenium, etc is preferred.
- Experience with data lineage, data profiler and metadata management tools and processes is preferred.
- Self-motivated, driven to achieve committed milestones.
- Extreme attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to mentor and be mentored.
- Big picture orientation with strong attention to detail is required.
- Collaboration skills and the ability to build strong win/win relationships with partners are required.
- A results and performance driven attitude with strong sense of accountability and drive to get results is required.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)