Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientific Director in Discovery Translational Research, Biologics Development Sciences
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 6727190205
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientific Director in Discovery Translational Research, Biologics Development Sciences located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Associate Scientific Director position in Biologics Development Sciences is a key scientific leadership role for the early development of biologic therapeutics across many different therapeutic areas (TA) including oncology, immunology, metabolic diseases, neurology and infectious diseases. As a scientific leader in the department, the Associate Scientific Director will interact with other functional areas including Nonclinical Safety, Biologics Discovery, Clinical, TA Biology and Bioanalytical to provide pharmacokinetic, toxicokinetic, and pharmacokinetic /pharmacodynamics focused strategies at various stage of early research and development of biologic therapeutics. The scope of this exciting position encompasses:
- Involvement and input from project entry through FIH study design
- Interact with biologic and discovery research teams to address key development questions, design experiments, analyze results and provide strategic direction to help identify those constructs that have the greatest chance of success for further development or to stop the development programs.
- Lead functional activities to support early research and development projects.
- Solid background and technical capability in pharmacokinetics, toxicokinetics, pharmacology and biology for biologic therapeutics.
- Conduct advanced pharmacokinetic analysis, apply PK/PD modeling concepts, and assess basic research on PK, target engagement, receptor occupancy, antidrug antibody and ADME for biologic drug candidates
- Accountable for determining the starting dose for FIH, write and/or review technical reports, interact with global regulatory agencies and be involved in drafting preclinical PK and related sections in an IND or CTA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protectHed veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PhD in Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Biology, or related degree is required
A minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical research and development experience is preferred
Good scientific background in biologics and pharmacology is required
Must have experience with one of the following PK/PD software applications: Phoenix /WinNonlin software is required.
Skill in modeling and experiences in NONMEM, ADAPT, R, and/or other modeling and simulation tools is preferable.
Experience in research and development of biologic therapeutics and or small molecules is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)