Johnson & Johnson Careers
Category Development Analyst (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 6724181119
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is recruiting for a Category Development Analyst, located in Cumberland, RI.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Do you love learning about shopper behavior and what motivates them? Are you passionate about using data and analytics to craft and present stories that are fact-based and actionable? Do you love a fast-paced, dynamic industry that is always changing and innovating?
- Focused on strategic categories that are essential for the growth of the customer and Johnson & Johnson
- Supports team members/partners by organizing, analyzing, and drawing conclusions from a variety of data sources, including IRI, Nielsen, POS, and Shopper/Panel, to identify trends and provide insights-based recommendations
- Ensures data is accurately formed, reported, and error-free through careful review and refinement prior to performing analysis
- Provides high quality, unbiased category management recommendations to customer retailers and field sales to enable them to drive traffic, increase market share and improve efficiencies
- Tracks and reports sales performance, such as promotional, new items, customer results, customer groups, or categories
- Develops POG recommendations to support customer sales at the shelf, and performs pre and post-analysis
- Provides SKU optimization recommendations by providing shopper, category, brand and/or customer insights to support strategies and recommendations for customers
- Supports new product launches by developing fact-based category stories that differentiate J&J products from competitive offerings. Executes specific steps of the new product launch strategy, such as developing fact books, UPC codes, or artwork
- Leads strategic initiatives outside of day to day analytical support
- Mentors/coaches junior members of the team
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years prior experience in customer sales, merchandising or in a consumer products environment
- ecommerce and omnichannel experience preferred
- Space management and CRM experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively within a dynamic, complex matrix, changing environment
- Ability to draw key insights that are actionable and will drive growth
- Ability to summarize and influence decisions through data
- Ability to assess marketplace and various consumer retail business models
- Ability to craft impactful presentations to explain recommendations and findings of studies
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, database information sources, and web applications
- Some knowledge of statistical methods desirable
- Up to 10% domestic travel required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Rhode Island-Cumberland-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)