Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SCRUM MASTER, DIGITAL ROBOTIC SURGERY
Requisition ID: 6722180322
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Scum Master, Digital Robotic Surgery to be located in Providence, RI.
Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and
comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes
Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services
and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine,
neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on
the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one
organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health
care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative,
comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater
ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Scrum Master works alongside developers and product owners on software engineering projects. The Scrum Master emphasizes value creation and rigorous adherence to quality standards. In protecting the team from outside interference, the Scrum Master ensures that developers can retain this commitment to excellence.
Scrum Masters have a focus on team dynamics and communication between individuals. The Scrum Master uses reporting and metrics as positive indicators of the team’s capabilities and maturity. Scrum ceremonies are used to facilitate communication between members of the team (Sprint Retrospectives) and between the team and the product stakeholders (Sprint Review). The Scrum Master acts to ensure communication is efficient and participation is broad. The Scrum Master coaches the team in using JIRA and Confluence for managing and documenting development work.
The Scrum Master advocates for proper Agile implementation across Johnson & Johnson Technology Services and works with Product Owners to extend that understanding of Agile to business stakeholders.
The individual will have delivery-focused responsibilities guiding software engineers, robotics engineers, UI developers, UX designers and software testers in the execution and completion of project activities to meet key milestones, quality and budget targets.
- Working with product owners to deliver business value sprint after sprint
- Coaching the team on Agile practices in the context of the Scrum framework
- Guiding the team to self-organize and problem-solve
- Fill in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework with other Agile techniques
- Help the team find a sustainable pace, work with the team on developing useful estimation techniques
- Removing impediments to development. Building trust and open lines of communication so impediments are readily identified
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and circulating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to maintaining the product backlog
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
- This position may require up to 15% travel and is located in Providence, RI.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- A Bachelor's degree is required; A Bachelor’s degree in IT, business, or in Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of broad experience in software development and technology services is required, preferably in a large global organization.
- Broad technical delivery experience is required.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) is required. Additional certifications are preferred.
- Experience as a team lead, preferred
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory for robotic, embedded software or software medical devices is required
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with other Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games is preferred
- Good skills and knowledge of servant-leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency is required
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.) is required
- Ability to learn the technologies used by the team is preferred
- Experience working with healthcare technology or in a regulated environment is preferred.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)