Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
External Innovation Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing – Spine
Requisition ID: 6696180321
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is searching for an External Innovation Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing – Spine. This position is based in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools, and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the overall global strategy of the business by targeting and evaluating external growth opportunities for the Spine Platform. The role will leverage a clear understanding of unmet needs, market dynamics, technology landscape, competition, and emerging standards of care. Ability to develop a deep comprehension of DePuy Synthes Spine’s internal portfolio and capabilities along with an ability to introduce new areas of opportunity will be critical for success. We are seeking a leader who is a self-starter; who brings high energy, enthusiasm, and entrepreneurial spirt; who is willing to challenge the status quo; and who is motivated to realize the potential the Spine Platform offers.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Help deliver vision and strategy to drive global Spine Platform growth through inorganic innovation
- Support efforts to identify, evaluate, and shape novel external opportunities with breakthrough or disruptive potential in accordance with the Spine Platform strategy
- Build and leverage a strong network of key stakeholders and subject matter experts to support opportunity assessments / business cases and drive to a decision point
- Develop market and revenue models for opportunity assessments / business cases
- Work effectively with business development, legal, finance, commercial, clinical, regulatory, product development, and operations teams to deliver business development proposals and recommendations to senior management
- Lead commercial diligence efforts as part of a broad, cross-functional diligence team for chartered business development projects
The successful candidate will help create and drive the short- and long-term Spine Platform strategy while ensuring close collaboration with Regional and Cross-Functional counterparts to deliver portfolio growth.
- A minimum of a BS/BA degree is required (preferably in Biomedical Engineering or similar Technical field, Healthcare, Marketing, or other business-related field). An MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years total work experience is required with at least 3 years in Medical Device, Diagnostic, Life Sciences, or Pharmaceutical sectors preferred.
- Experience working with healthcare professionals is preferred.
- A proven track record of translating customer insights into successful strategies and tactics is required.
- Successful candidates must have demonstrated experience building strong partnerships between cross-functional teams (e.g. sales, marketing, clinical, R&D, HEMA, operations, and/or other key functional stakeholders) to deliver business objectives.
- Strong communication and presentation skills as well as effective planning and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical skills are required to provide sound input into financial evaluations.
- Strong leadership skills are important to this role. Must have the ability to influence without authority.
- Successful candidates must have demonstrated the ability to work autonomously to deliver business results.
- Up to 20% travel may be required for this position.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)