Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, SW Engineering
Requisition ID: 6684181106
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision is recruiting for a Software Site Manager based in Santa Ana, CA.
We need an experienced manager to provide leadership and direction to the goals and activities of the department. He/she will have the responsibility to lead a group of Software Engineers who are tasked with the planning and execution of product software design, testing and integration for the product lines. Provides technical expertise advice and assistance in the field of software development to team and to other departments as required
The team is the key interface between the R&D software development and electronics hardware control. It enables the basic software functionality and directly impacts the final product quality and safety.
- Drives strategic initiatives or programs.
- Leads the SW team in developing products and devices from concepts, designs, to final product according to established policies, procedures, government regulations, and customer requirements.
- Lead and develop an efficient and focused group of capable software engineers for on-time project achievements. Ensuring the delivery of the documented specifications and designs work products.
- Lead the team in generating conceptual designs and determines feasibility of the designs.
- Ensure that the team adheres to established project schedules and priorities.
- Collaborate with other functional engineering managers to define and implement product software design and communicate effectively with the team and Senior Manager.
- Responsible for the creation of a dashboard that communicate status of teams’ effectiveness.
- Ability to effectively manage contract firms in various time zones.
- Monitor and assist with the design, integration and execution of strategies for testing software solutions for the system.
- Meet or exceed internal customer requirements with respect to time, cost efficiency and business value.
- Lead, influence and negotiate to achieve business goals and deliver results for internal and external partners.
- Anticipate and resolve issues and barriers that impedes progress. Provides guidance to the department budget.
- Controls expenditures within established budgets.
- Find opportunities for the development of new / improved tools for process improvement activities.
- Assists senior management with vendor contracts negotiations, deliverables, and schedules.
- Mentor junior engineers in their career.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or closely related discipline is desired with 8 + years of significant engineering experience.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Has demonstrated competency within Software Engineering discipline.
- Has Ophthalmology industry experience (preferred)
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts well with multi-functional groups and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with others in a collaborative, dynamic, results-oriented environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, or similar industries (preferred)
- Software usage and abilities needed: Qt (QML & Widgets), Jira, Bitbucket, Microsoft Office, Lab View, Visual Studio, C/C++
Do you strive to join an excellent team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
North America-United States-California-Milpitas, United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)