Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Process Engineer II, Foundry
Requisition ID: 6674180321
Process Engineer II DePuy Synthes Orthopedics is currently searching for a Process Engineer II to support the Foundry / Cast Products Value Stream at their Raynham, MA facility.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Foundry Process Engineer II will play a key role in supporting existing processes for the casting of medical device components.
- Lead and facilitate process improvements and act as the SME in resolving technical process issues that may impact production
- Assist in the formulation and development of long-term asset reliability strategy
- Collaborate on the identification and implementation of capital project(s) which support process improvement and advanced manufacturing capabilities
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams comprised of Operations, Quality, OPEX, EHS, Facilities and Manufacturing Engineering driving continuous improvement efforts to reduce scrap, increase uptime, increase capacity and improve quality with existing products and processes.
- Lead process engineering initiatives to support day to day foundry value stream activities in accordance with ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR Part 820
- Initiate and lead process and product improvement programs for cycle time, cost reduction, yield, safety and quality utilizing process excellence tools and leveraging cross functional teams. Identify and track key performance metrics linked to actionable objectives.
- Support internal / external audits as foundry value stream SME and lead investigations related to non-conformances, CAPA or audit observations.
- Provide process engineering support through participation in KPI board reviews and foundry pulse walks ensuring operations is meeting their SKU level attainment commitment.
- Develop validation documentation for changes/improvements to existing manufacturing processes.
- Develop / update procedures, manufacturing specifications, bills, routes and travelers for product & process changes in the PLM system.
- Verify certificates of conformance acceptance for foundry manufacturing materials.
- As SME, troubleshoot and resolve issues with all foundry processes (wax injection / tooling, shell/slurry and casting). Develop and implement detailed project plans utilizing robust engineering and quality principles to restore manufacturing operations.
- Supports senior leadership with the development of site strategy in regards to the foundry value stream in alignment with plant level goals and objectives.
- Support the foundry virtual team through participation and collaboration across sites.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, Quality System Regulations and Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability Performance Standards.
- A minimum of a Bachelor in Science in Engineering is required with a preference in Mechanical, Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering
- A minimum of at least two (2) years of overall manufacturing engineering experience within a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Foundry engineering experience in Investment Casting is strongly preferred.
- Related work experiences such as Sand or Die Metal Casting, Wax or Plastic Injection Molding are highly preferred.
- Medical device or other regulated work environment such as Automotive and Aerospace is a plus.
- Knowledge of process validations, process mapping and Lean/6 Sigma tools are preferred.
- Proficiency in GD&T and process excellence is preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office software applications.
- This position requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to perform effectively in a team environment.
- The position is located in Raynham, MA and it is required for the candidate to possess the ability to travel up to 10%.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)