Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Data & Analytics Engineering - Data Science located in Titusville, NJ, Spring House, PA, or Raritan, NJ with up to 15% domestic travel.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
The Senior Engineer/Scientist, Data & Analytics Engineering, part of Data Platforms team, will lead and deliver data integration solutions that enable the efficient implementation of science capabilities across R&D. Our team supports projects from discovery through late development. You will implement improved R&D data pipelines as well as develop/deploy cut-edge technology/solutions that triangulate insights across different data domain. The role requires both a broad knowledge of R&D business functions, existing data and analytics engineering analytics and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. You will be part of a dynamic, accomplished team that supports multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of innovative data solutions.
The Senior Scientist will:
- Develop and implement data & analytics engineering strategy for R&D Data Science community. Partner closely with Janssen R&D IT and external partners on development of strategy, implementation and execution.
- Work closely with R&D data scientists to design, build and implement data solutions to support R&D Data Science initiative with a focus on research and translational data.
- Introduce/Lead/Participate evaluations of algorithms, tools and technologies that enable R&D data science initiative.
- Ph.D. with a minimum of 2 years of experience (OR Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience) in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operation Research or a related discipline is required.
- Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes is required.
- Deep understanding in Omics data or clinical trials data or real-world data is required.
- Working knowledge in data analytics engineering and data integration with track record in design & implement solutions that triangulate insights across different data domain is required.
- Working knowledge one or more of data integration platforms such as pipeline pilot, Dataiku, Denodo, Talend, AWS & Microsoft Azure services is required.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as SQL, Python, R, C++, or Java is required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills are required.
- Understanding in clinical data model such as CDISC STDM, CDM, FHIR is preferred.
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining of large clinical and scientific datasets is preferred.
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Digital Product Development