Johnson & Johnson Careers
Software Engineering Manager - Supply Chain
Requisition ID: 6662181105
Sightbox is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join us in our Portland, OR office.
Sightbox is a new way for contact lens wearers to experience vision care. We are passionate about educating people about the importance of eye care - and in doing so are preserving the doctor-patient relationship. Sightbox joined Johnson & Johnson Vision in 2017. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a strong engineering manager to join our growing team and own the design, development, testing, and maintenance of our supply chain services. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background with deep experience designing cloud services as well as a passion for leading and mentoring a close-knit team of engineers. This is a new team within our engineering organization and the ideal candidate will spend the first several months digging deep on our existing cloud services, hiring and growing their team, establishing the appropriate level of processes, and working closely with our Head of Engineering and Head of Product to align on our product roadmap.
What you’ll do:
- Establish new software engineering team to design, implement, test, and maintain all aspects of our supply chain / order distribution cloud services.
- Partner with product management to plan and deliver new features and services that unlock large scale order fulfillment and logistics. Provide guidance to senior leadership on our product roadmap.
- Recruit, hire, train, and mentor your team, guiding engineers as they progress in their careers.
- Define accurate milestones and estimates for new features and bug fixes.
- Node.JS, Serverless / Stackery, REST APIs
- AWS API Gateway, Lambda, Cognito, EC2
- DynamoDB, RDS SQL, Redshift, ElasticSearch
- High School diploma is required, a bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience is required.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of 6+ engineers is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer responsible for design / architecture is preferred.
- Extensive experience with RESTful APIs, GraphQL and JSON is preferred.
- Understanding of unit and functional testing best practices is preferred.
- Strong understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases is preferred.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services preferred.
- Experience in Linux OS is preferred.
- People feel heard when communicating with you through writing and conversation.
- Ability to direct a conversation toward solution without coming across as brisk or pushy.
- Genuinely curious about people, contact lens wearers, and local businesses operating in the vision industry.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn’t an option.
- Confident communication skills - no fear of the phone.
- Your positive attitude puts people at ease.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage your time within a fast-paced environment
- Excited to stick with us for 2-3 years and build something great.
What you'll be a part of at Sightbox is awesome! We are a startup, but we’re also a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care. In addition to world-class standard benefits and a competitive salary, we have perks such as:
- Top of the line Macbook Pro, dual monitors, and a standing desk.
- Nitro cold brew and sparkling water on tap.
- Pet insurance.
- Parking/transit pre-tax benefits.
- Generous time off for full-time employees.
- Learning credits.
- Theme days and company outings.
- Newly renovated downtown office digs.
- A really, really fun group of co-workers.
We have a collective success culture: everyone contributes to how we win. Cross-functionally and across the company, we share common goals and work tirelessly for our members. We learn new things every day, support one another and we more than value work-life balance (truly—without balance we will not find sustainable success).
As a team, we’re committed to creating a unique and rewarding vision health experience for contact lens wearers. We all know that our healthcare system is in need of innovation— we’re focused on using technology to address needed change while keeping doctors at the heart of the experience.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)