Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist/Engineer, Liquids Manufacturing Support
Requisition ID: 6662180711
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist/Engineer, Liquids Manufacturing Support, to be based in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Senior Scientist/Engineer, Technical Operations, Liquids Manufacturing Support will:
- Be responsible for technical support, including formulation and process development activities, characterization, confirmation, process performance qualification, and continued process verification associated with Technology Transfer projects, and on-going process optimization for commercialized products.
- Design, manage and execute project task per established timeline. Be accountable for achievement of project milestones.
- Prepare or approve technical memos, reports, analyzes and summarizes data, and recommends conclusions based on scientific rationale. Review and approve reports and confirms conclusions are based on scientific rationale.
- Write or approve SOP’s based on area of experience and training. Provide technical advice on SOPs, polices, and procedures.
- Design methods to efficiently carry out planned experimentation
- Execute requirements of the planned experimental design (i.e. sample collection, in-process testing, sample management, etc.)
- Manage, troubleshoot, and make recommendations based on the results of the planned experimentation and investigations
- Manage change control deliverables/documentation, investigations, CAPAs, and APR data collection, analysis and review/approval.
- Review Commissioning and Qualification documentation such as plans, protocols and reports as required
- Prepare and lead reviews of scientific data for assigned projects at governance.
- May provide direction and mentorship to Co-ops and entry level scientists.
- Maintains training proficiency on cGMPS, SOP’s, testing procedures, and data analysis as required
- Conduct interdependent partnering with cross-functional peer group and management
- Work under general supervision
- Decisions made at this level are limited in scope and authority
- Perform other related duties as required
- Participate as a technical team member or technical representative on cross functional teams
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmacy or related technical discipline is required.
- A minimum of four (4) years of pharmaceutical manufacturing related experience is required.
- Experience in process validation and process/product transfer is required.
- Knowledge of cGMPs, ICH, CFR is required.
- Knowledge in technical transfer, product development and process validation is required.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence manufacturing teams regarding prioritization required.
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Proficient in word processing programs (e.g. WORD), spreadsheet applications (e.g. EXCEL), and data based documentation systems (e.g. CONNECT, EDM, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge in statistical analysis with familiarity in statistical software (e.g. Minitab, etc.) is preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is preferred.
- This position is based in Fort Washington, PA and may require up to 15% travel both domestic and international, based on business needs.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)