Johnson & Johnson Careers
Return-To-Work Program, Manager Regulatory Affairs (Re-Ignite)
Requisition ID: 6656190610
Did you take a
break from the professional world to pursue other priorities? Do you want to
develop technologies and create solutions that significantly improve patients'
lives? If you are an experienced, high-caliber engineer eager to return to your
STEM field after a break of two or more years, our “Re-Ignite Return to Work
Program is for you.
This four (4) month paid returnship as part of our Re-Ignite program will refresh your technical skills while you work with a market leader in healthcare. In addition to key job responsibilities, we provide technical training, professional development, and peer mentoring with full access to the R&D and Regulatory Affairs community at Johnson & Johnson Vision and the possibility of becoming a full-time employee after completion of the program with the most dynamic health care organization in the world, Johnson & Johnson.
The Manager Regulatory Affairs Business Excellence leads the implementation of a continuous improvement culture within the JJV Regulatory Affairs (RA) department. Combines knowledge of scientific, regulatory and business issues to enable products that are developed, manufactured or distributed to meet required legislation and drives measurable process improvements for the organization. Responsible for providing direction regarding the development, design and utilization of regulatory information, through the use of appropriate analytical tools to establish metrics, capacity planning and communication of trends and other insights that enable Regulatory Affairs to accelerate and maximize the success of obtaining product registrations and supporting lifecycle management of JJV products globally.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages a portfolio of process improvement projects across Regulatory Affairs (RA). Drives the process of identifying, defining, and prioritizing functional and cross-functional initiatives. Effectively manages across projects in the portfolio to ensure alignment and consistency with business strategy and to drive measurable process improvements for the organization.
- Identifies opportunities to improve quality, reduce cycle time, and increase operational efficiency. Leads the planning and execution of high-impact process improvement projects.
- Drives a culture of Business Process Excellence to identify mechanisms to improve overall operational efficiency by influencing continual improvement of IT systems, tools and platforms used by the RA organization.
- Identifies, prepares, and facilitates workshops to drive the identification and execution of process improvement initiatives.
- Develops compelling value propositions and business cases for proposed initiatives. Collaborates effectively with management, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Quality Systems, and peers to design cross-functional solutions.
- Enables global regulatory compliance by defining and executing metrics and reporting protocols to monitor RA process effectiveness and compliance across the globe; directs the collection and reporting of process performance metrics for new and ongoing initiatives.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Works independently in a role that demonstrates organizational influence within or across RA sub-functions and related functions. Transforms concepts into executable initiatives, and drives definition of project scope, timelines and deliverables. Seeks input from and forges agreements among sponsors regarding initiative goals and objectives.
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of regulatory systems and to lead improvement initiatives as required.
- Leads project teams effectively. Escalates and drives resolution of project issues. Demonstrates effective group facilitation skills and ability to drive consensus among team members regarding process changes.
- May manage and/or mentor more junior team members/project managers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in management of talent both direct &/or through an outsourced model is preferred
- Ability to work effectively with diverse and global audiences and personnel
- Ability to interact with senior management executives
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix environment, building local and global partnerships is required
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Must be fluent in English both written and verbal
- Connect: Cultivate strong internal partnerships and collaborations both within RA and across business functions
- Shape: Drive innovative approaches and challenge the status quo to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead: Develop self and any directly responsible talent; provide constructive conversations with vendors to ensure outsourced resources are conducting themselves in accordance with our Credo and delivering on agreed expectations.
- Deliver: Demonstrate a global and enterprise wide mind set.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, life sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry), information systems, or related field
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience is required, which includes experience in a regulated industry
- 3+ years experience in process improvement and demonstrated experience with use of Lean tools required.
- Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Strong project management skills required
- Medical device experience preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred
The Re-Ignite Program is designed to increase the pipeline of STEM2D (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing & Design) talent who are returning from a two or more-year career break. This program provides the opportunity for professionals to get back into the workforce at a later life stage and offers a powerful return-to-work strategy for these individuals.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)