Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Education Manager, CNS - Western CA (contract)
Requisition ID: 6650180712
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Companies of Johnson & Johnson is hiring a CNS Medical Education Manager to cover Western Canada. The preferred location is Vancouver, BC. This opportunity is a 12-month contract.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
The Medical Education Manager is a customer facing position that uses strategic insights to develop and implement national and regional learning programs. In addition to working on learning programs, this person will be involved in gathering insights from advisory boards and developing relationships with key opinion leaders.
- Provide strategic direction for existing and emerging customer learning activities.
- Participate in the development of the national and regional Medical Education plan, strategic direction, ongoing execution, and budgeting of initiatives including regional and national speaker tours, advisory boards, symposia, conferences and other interventions as needed.
- Provide key customer insights to business partners to help guide strategic direction
- Work in partnership with business partners to develop and implement strategic and innovative customer education/value-add programs related to the CNS (Schizophrenia) therapeutic area.
- Attendance/participation at regional and major conferences (National and International) as needed.
- Keep abreast of scientific literature/clinical data related to Schizophrenia.
- Collaborate with and provide expert-level CHE consultation and support to the regional sales force.
- Ongoing assessments of metrics to shape future strategies and learning activities.
- A minimum of a University degree is required preferably in business, Life Sciences or related Health Sciences discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience is required
- Prior experience in a MEM role is highly desirable
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Experience in the CNS therapeutic area is an asset
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to put data into perspective and communicate it concisely
- In depth knowledge of IMC code and Healthcare Compliance policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with KOLs to gain key marketing insights and/or develop brand/therapeutic area CHE content is required
- Experience in developing and executing successful CHE learning activities or other HCP learning activities
- Knowledge of principles of adult learning
- Demonstrated cycle of success in Sales/Marketing including a track record of success in strategic peer to peer event execution is an asset
- Knowledge of key customer decision making process relating to specialty therapeutic areas
- Hospital and Pharmacy experience an asset
- Ability to travel up to 60-70%, both domestic and international, based on the needs of the business.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
North America-Canada-British Columbia
Janssen Inc. (7710)
Medical Science Liaison