Johnson & Johnson Careers
Assistant Scientist, BioTheraputics Development API (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 6647180712
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring an Assistant Scientist, to be located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visithttp://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate for this position will perform process development for the antibody Purification processes within the BioTheraputics Development API group in Malvern, PA. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include participating in the design of experiments, executing the planned experiments, and optimizing the process steps to the target process scale. This will include laboratory scale bioreactors, chromatography, and filtration. The candidate will design and execute development studies to identify and determine appropriate ranges of (critical) process parameters for cell culture, to optimize growth and product production. The candidate will also design and execute development studies to identify and determine appropriate conditions and ranges of (critical) process parameters for chromatographic purification & separation and several types of filtration. The candidate will record and analyze experimental data, verify data integrity and accuracy, and report/summarize findings to the project team, and also draft technical documents and perform technology transfer to collaboration partners. The candidate is expected to work in a team environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timeline and objectives.
- A BS in Chemical Engineering, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or a related field OR an Associate degree in Chemical Engineering, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or a related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, bioreactors, bioreactor process development, and bioreactor data analysis (BioHT, BGA, ViCell) is preferred.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with downstream processing and purification of antibodies, in particular chromatography and filtration is preferred.
- Familiarity with and hands-on experience with analytical methods typically used in the manufacture and characterization of recombinant proteins is preferred.
- It is required that the candidate be highly organized and capable of managing/pursuing multiple projects with some supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic) is required.
- The ability to report data, present findings to management is required.
- Experience with team-based collaborations is required.
- This position will work a shifted schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)