Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director A&D Strategy and Innovation
Requisition ID: 6642180712
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Director A&D Strategy and Innovation located in Skillman NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Johnson & Johnson Technology (JJT) is recruiting for a Director A&D Strategy and Innovation. The Director A&D Strategy and Innovation reports to the IT VP A&D SL. The position is responsible for developing innovative strategies aimed at increasing the value of acquired/divested assets and reducing cycle time required to integrate/separate business entities. This position will also be responsible for developing approaches to reduce TSA complexity and duration.
In this capacity, the Director A&D Strategy and Innovation will research, document and implement tools, methods and processes required to accelerate the speed by which acquisitions and Divestiture are executed. This includes carve-out strategies, data migration technique, integration techniques etc. The Director A&D Strategy and Innovation will engage early in Due Diligence and work with architects to design the most effective transition to on-board new business entities or separate them from J&J. This position will be accountable to provide consultative integration/separation strategy guidance and direction to all transaction teams and be a hands-on practitioner.
The role requires active engagement and partnership with a variety of organizations within JJT and with Business functions including Commercial, R&D, Supply Chain and Corporate. The Director A&D Strategy and Innovation will work with the Enterprise architecture groups to research, develop and promote practical and repeatable solutions to continuously accelerate transition cycle-time.
Strong interdependent partnering skills are required for the Director A&D Strategy and Innovation to collaborate with many stakeholders within J&J as well as with potential buyers and sellers. In addition, the Director A&D Strategy and Innovation requires an understanding of global acquisitions and divestitures approaches, business processes and data flow, JJT application landscape, as well as robust technology expertise across a wide array of applications and infrastructure. Key will be experience with and knowledge of carve-out strategies, TSA cycle-time reduction approaches, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Cloud and data technology strategies (e.g. EDG).
- Develops innovative strategies aimed at increasing the value of acquired/divested assets and reducing cycle time required to integrate/separate business entities.
- Explore, identify and develop and implement new and untried approaches for the reduction and elimination of TSAs.
- Acquire or develop tools to automate aspect of the transition program or to ensure fastest discovery during Due Diligence.
- Provide integration/separation strategy guidance and direction to all transaction teams on transition strategies and priorities to be followed. Engage as practitioner on key deals.
- Develop portion of JJT A&D playbook for acquisitions and divestitures dealing with repeatable, scalable process and tools, their purpose and usage.
- Forge and maintain external networks to learn and inform improved practices.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Master’s Degree, in IT or related field, preferred.
- 10+ years preferred of relevant experience in managing large programs with high level of complexity.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective collaborator and problem solver.
- Strong financial competencies.
- Robust global A&D experience, with extensive IT expertise, to include all transition phases from pre-sign, sign-to-close and post-close through TSA exit.
- Robust experience with and knowledge of carve-out strategies, TSA cycle-time reduction approaches, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Cloud and data technology strategies (e.g. EDG).
- Broad and deep knowledge and experience across all business functions (Finance, Supply Chains, Infrastructure, etc.) and associated processes, procedures, technical architecture, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and through tight timeline. Ability to set-up and facilitate cross-functional meeting to resolve issues in timely manners.
- Models Credo Values – demonstrates strong values, ethics and communication skills that establish a culture of trust and transparency. Build win-win solutions across business and IT.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), including the ability to explain complex technical and process concepts to business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to capture, organize and present complex technical and process information as well as concisely publish same to ensure understandability and actionability.
- Preferred multi-function experience; understands business processes, end to end business processes impact on project dependencies.
- Robust ability to adeptly function in a complex, matrixed, global environment.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)