Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager – Category Lead, Legal Services
Requisition ID: 6640180712
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager – Category Lead, Legal Service in New Brunswick NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager-Category Lead, Legal Services will be responsible for leading a Procurement organization in support of approximately $750 million in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This spend is medium complexity in nature and requires a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
This individual will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for specific categories of spend that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Interface directly with Law Firms and their Partners as well as CEO’s and other supplier leadership of companies to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs
- Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier negotiations
- Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, agreement implementation and performance against established targets
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads
- Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership
- Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharm, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives
- Describe important tasks or duties, not mentioned above, that are performed infrequently and are not critical to accomplishing the essential functions of the job
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position
- A Master’s degree in Legal/Legal Sourcing or Juris Doctorate degree is preferred
- This position requires a minimum of 8 years of relative business experience.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management) is required.
- This position requires prior People Management and Talent Development experience
- Ability to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary is required.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues is required
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with J&J senior Management is required
- Ability to show strategic thinking is required
- Prior Project Management experience is required
- Ability to continuously improve the organization is required
- Experience in Legal Sourcing or working with or within law firms is a preferred.
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community is preferred
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain) is preferred
- This position will require up to 20% domestic and international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)