Johnson & Johnson Careers
STAFF ENGINEER SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 6635190610
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a(n) Staff Engineer R&D, Software Development, located in Milpitas, CA.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization.
Our Femtosecond Laser R&D team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists are on the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation. Our Staff Engineer-Software Development leads and executes specific and general assignments/projects that provide creative, functional, cost effective, and validated product designs in a team-based environment. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market in support of the J&J Vision Care venture.
• Design, develop, integrate and test software applications for medical devices.
• Contribute technical knowledge where appropriate to facilitate research and development in a team environment.
• Resolve issues requiring analysis of situations or data to identify underlying root cause.
• As part of a team, develop code as part of larger software development projects.
• Evaluate available options and implement the best algorithms and procedures.
• Adhere to all procedures regarding software development best-practices, source code control, design documentation, code review, and software release.
• Serve as subject matter expert in areas of competence.
• Accept mentoring from and propose alternative approaches to more senior level associates within team.
• BS in Math, Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent is required, MS preferred.
• 4+ years software experience required
• Proficiency with LabVIEW graphical programming language required
• Experience with LabVIEW RT or FPGA Modules required
• Experience with C/C++ preferred
• Experience with test and measurement devices and associated APIs preferred
• Experience in full software development life cycle for medical devices a plus
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experience in writing software requirements and design documentation required
• Familiar with ISO design control process preferred
• Fluent in Windows API, DLLs, and interfaces preferred
• Hardware control and system internal controls preferred
• LabVIEW Associate Developer, Developer, or Architect certifications a plus
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)