Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Retail Channel Manager (Sales Strategy Manager) 12-Month Contract
Requisition ID: 6633180404
Johnson & Johnson Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Retail Channel Manager to be located in Markham, Ontario. This position is a 12-month contract role.
Johnson & Johnson (J&J) is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, we market innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, and oral health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare division (Tylenol®).
Our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by providing Canadians with some of the world's most widely used and trusted brands including; Johnson's ® Baby, Neutrogena®, Aveeno® Listerine®, Band-Aid® Brand Adhesive Bandages, Tylenol®, Reactine® , Benylin®, Nictorette®, Nicoderm® and many more. Based in Markham, Ontario, we employ approximately 400 people and are supported by a manufacturing and R&D facility located in Guelph, Ontario.
The Retail Channel Manager is responsible to achieve financial commitments to the company within their brand assigned line of sight by developing & executing innovative channel, customer and trade strategies. The Retail Channel Manger leads the interactions between key cross-functional partners to devise strategic fundamentals and manage the implementation of business plans that result in category leadership for the Retailer and J&J. These strategic business plans should provide differentiation by channel and incorporate a broad understanding of marketplace dynamics & the competitive landscape. The Retail Channel Manager also plays a large role in the development, strategy, and execution of new product introductions to the J&J portfolio along with being a key stakeholder in the sales forecasting output to Supply Chain.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish strategies that achieve the business goals for the assigned Category/Brand, including strategies to increase ROI based on trade fundamentals, strategies to differentiate by channel, competitive Brand strategies to lead Category growth and reporting results internally for the portfolio line of sight.
- Provide input as a key stakeholder into the sales planning forecasting process, rolling up external sales inputs and representing the customer LE in the tactical meetings, with goal of most accurate forecast is called, ensuring customer supply and service levels.
- Develop promotional and category growth plans, including trade fundamentals (go to market retail strategy – 4P’s), Revenue Growth Management framework, for assigned businesses to drive competitive advantage at retail, while identifying platform opportunities, and supporting the company's customer segmentation and desired longer term channel mix.
- Providing “thought leadership” to a longer term strategic plan by Category on opportunity areas of growth.
- Coordinate customer initiatives to maximize impact on sales and goal attainment.
- Support brand and customer teams to identify strategic opportunities for application with Retailers.
- Provide input and support to new product introductions via development of external launch strategy (voice of the customer), management of launch execution for the Sales organization and monitoring performance and adjusting strategy where required.
- Monitor monthly share trends, competitive activity & strategies to ensure external ($ share) and internal targets will be met.
- Build and maintain strong cross functional relationships throughout the organization.
- Bachelor's degree is required with a preference for Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of business/professional experience is required.
- Prior relevant experience within CPG industry is required, with additional non CPG experience preferred.
- Direct experience in customer interfaces, such as sales or sales management, is strongly preferred.
Technical & Behavioural Competencies:
- Demonstrated track record of success in:
- enabling business growth.
- developing brand plans into go to market trade strategies.
- strategic innovation.
- channel segmentation.
- revenue growth management.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Strong critical thinking and logic capability.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Knowledge or experience in forecasting and/or monthly volume reporting and analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of consumer sector sales, consumer products, channels, and Canadian retailers.
- Proven ability to influence multiple levels and functions within and across the organization.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where change and flexibility is evident and encouraged.
- Thought leader with the ability to challenge the status quo and influence with authority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Nielsen, Cognos, and other business application expertise is an asset.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)