Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Planning Lead
Requisition ID: 6625180321
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), LLC., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Production Planning Lead to be located in Irvine, CA.
ASP (Advanced Sterilization Products), is a leading designer and developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection and cleaning technologies. The company is dedicated to providing infection prevention solutions that create the safest possible environments for patients, healthcare providers, and communities.
The Production Planning Lead will plan, prepare, issue and control production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet net requirements. In addition, you will identify raw material and component requirements for production.
- Revise the production master plan in a way that the finished product inventory is maintained within the goal and plans to provide support to a level of service according to organizational objectives
- Serve as first contact with manufacturing for planning matters
- Alert worldwide planner regarding potential mistakes of demand in the system
- Guide efforts to avoid delayed production releases
- Lead communication to Demand Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Customer Service and other stakeholders when customer service is at risk
- Lead the action plan when supply is less than demand, so that the customer service impact is minimized
- Monitor load capacity in the assigned production lines and level load plans to meet net requirements
- Manage the plan for new products and ensure it is launch ready
- Communicate updates to stakeholders regarding new product plans, and issues to next level management
- Manage the phase in of products so that obsolete material is minimized
- Ensure the quarterly safety stock updates are reflected in production plan and inventory levels are consistently above safety stock
- Monitor standard operation procedures and recommend any process improvements
- Proactively manage SLOB material and identify opportunities to reduce quarterly reserves
- Supervise daily production activities and maintain priorities to expedite which include availability of raw material, production in process, release of products and movement of product to finished good inventory
- Analyze product demand, sales patterns, forecasts, production specifications and plant capacity data and provide reports to management
- Validate and maintain scheduling and planning parameters within system
- Lead monthly supply S&OP meetings
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly standard work deliverables
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, an Advanced Degree is preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of planning and/or supply chain experience is required
- Demonstrated experience utilizing the basic principles of material and inventory planning is required
- Experience working within the Medical Device Industry is preferred
- Experience working within a regulated industry is preferred
- APICS / Six Sigma / LEAN certifications are preferred
- Experience utilizing ERP systems (i.e. SAP, JDE, etc.) is required
- Ability to create V-lookups, Pivot Tables within MS Excel is required
- Previous experience working within a matrix work environment is preferred
- Ability to influence and negotiate across a matrix organization is preferred
- Previous experience in people supervision and/or leadership is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically is required
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP)