Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Market Research/Business Intelligence, Infectious Diseases
Requisition ID: 6624180321
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Market Research/Business Intelligence, Infectious Diseases, located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collabo
rate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Manager, Market Research/Business Intelligence is responsible for generating, integrating and translating insights and analytics into growth opportunities and tactics that shape decisions and drive organizational action within the Infectious Diseases Franchise.
This position will partner closely with the existing Commercial Insights & Strategy team and cross functional partners, while serving as an internal consultant to the Marketing, Sales & Medical teams. This position plays a key role in advising and counseling business partners in the development of new and existing business strategies and as a result, shares accountability for business results. This role will manage professional, patient and payor market research & business intelligence efforts for the Infectious Diseases franchise.
- Participate in development and implementation of Infectious Diseases primary research plan in professional, consumer and payor spaces, including developmental research (e.g. product / patient/ attitudinal segmentation, Attitudes & Usage studies, etc.,) and evaluative research (brand positioning, advertising & promotional copy, pricing, etc.,).
- Implement optimal research / analytic approaches, identify appropriate supplier partners, foster strong partnerships in the context of resources, timing and overall project goals.
- Create & implement comprehensive business intelligence plans (including alerts, timelines, and competitive simulations) designed to communicate the impact of competitive and environmental insights on of relevant Therapeutic Area brand and franchise strategies and plans.
- Collect, analyze, archive, and report information by systematically using a variety of internal and external sources to support the Business Intelligence needs of the organization.
- Integrate intelligence & market research insights with analytical insights developed by peers across the Commercial Insights & Strategy team (forecasting and integrated analytics) for the Infectious Diseases franchise and translate into business impact.
- Cultivate meaningful internal and external partnerships, adding value and insights for the organization; being insight driven to uncover important unmet needs
- Provide strategic input to help shape strategic and business plans, brand strategies and new product launch plans and life cycle management for the Infectious Diseases Franchise.
- Focus on key business questions and frame business problems into research and intelligence plans.
- Present complex issues in a clear and persuasive manner effectively communicating recommendations to cross functional teams and brand team.
- Demonstrate leadership courage in order to set boundaries and ensure time is spent on the most critical/ high value projects is critical
- Apply basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience in business analytics, market research, marketing, intelligence, sales, strategic planning, and/or management consulting OR 2 years of relevant business experience with Pharm D is required.
- 2+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- Infectious Disease experience is preferred.
- Experience in primary market research is preferred.
- Experience in business intelligence is preferred
- Experience or knowledge of pharmaceutical intelligence sources is preferred.
- General management mindset, business acumen, strategic thinking skills are required.
- Ability to understand, translate and integrate marketplace data, research & intelligence into actionable insights & recommendations to drive decision-making/strategies are required
- Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight/research and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis is required
- Demonstrated ability to direct external resources in the prioritization and completion of deliverables is required.
- Ability to demonstrate the leadership courage to set boundaries and ensure time is spent on the most critical/ high value projects is required
- Proven ability to work in a highly matrix organization is required
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
This role is based in Titusville, NJ and will require up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)