Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Counsel, Healthcare Technology Transactions
San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 6623180321
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Counsel to join the Business Development Legal Group to work in the area of Healthcare Technology Transactions.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Senior Counsel, you will:
• Partner with Business Development colleagues and Senior Management on a broad range of strategic transactions, including collaborations, development deals, joint ventures, spin-outs, consulting arrangements and licenses with companies (from startups to large incumbents) in the hardware, software, data analytics, e-commerce, robotics, digital surgery, artificial intelligence and other technology industries.
• Manage transactions that apply to digital platforms and product programs across the three sectors of Johnson & Johnson’s business, Consumer, Medical Device and Pharmaceutical. The transactions could also involve acquisitions of technology and equity investments.
• Work in a multi-cultural environment and in close connection with other Johnson & Johnson colleagues worldwide.
• A Juris Doctor Degree and admission to the bar in good standing in at least one U.S. jurisdiction is required.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience at a top-tier, major market law firm, or in-house legal department of a leading technology company or multinational corporation is required.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience with strategic technology transactions, including collaborations, development deals, joint ventures, spin-outs, consulting arrangements and licenses is required; involvement with healthcare specific deals is preferred.
• Familiarity with the types of high technology businesses described above, including an understanding of the market for deal terms with such companies is required.
• Superior ability to analyze, structure and negotiate all elements of the transactions described above and strong drafting skills is required.
• Strong communication skills and comfort with counseling senior executives is required
• Excellent collaborative skills, including the ability to coordinate with both J&J attorneys, external counsel, business leaders and other advisors and provide strong ethical leadership is required.
• A positive attitude and the skills to work across business functions and cultures with teams located in multiple time zones and to act independently in a fast-paced environment is required.
• Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time within the U.S. and occasionally outside the U.S.
United States-California-San Francisco
Johnson & Johnson (6067)