Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Medical Information & Knowledge Integration, Solid Tumor Oncology, located in Horsham; remote may be considered.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, Medical Information & Knowledge Integration, Solid Tumor, will provide scientific knowledge support through expertise in company products and related therapeutic areas within Oncology. As the primary contact for provision of Medical Information, the Associate Director will use their keen understanding of the science and our products to teach internal business partners and to conduct in-depth analysis of the data.
Will be the key contact for provision of Medical Information –Develops medical information tools including standard replies, formulary dossiers, slide decks and presentations focused on the scientific needs of a broad array of customers. Provides Medical Information support at major scientific meetings. Provides medical guidance for development and review of promotional or sales training materials. Handles complex scientific inquiries from HCPs, including after hours.
Will conduct In-depth analysis of data – Monitors the medical literature/ compendia for operating company products and competitor data; analyzes the information for accuracy/relevance and notifies key partners. Assists with analysis of voice of customer data to identify unmet needs/data gaps.
Will develop Strategic Concepts – Participates in multidisciplinary therapeutic area teams; contributes to functional strategic plan supporting the therapeutic area. Leverages clinical knowledge and expertise to direct the review and identification of emerging trends and scientific intelligence, meaningful for each audience.
Will lead Medical Information projects- Leads new product launch support. Develops tools for creative delivery of information.
Will assure quality of training materials – Develops and maintains departmental training curriculum; supports sales training initiatives and actively trains the Medical Information Communication Channels (MICC) team.
Will mentor development of teams’ therapeutic knowledge. Provides initial and ongoing training of new hires and students/fellows.
Will assist in developing team members by mentoring and coaching to meet the organizational goals and objectives.
Will handle complex scientific inquiries– Applies scientific and therapeutic area knowledge to respond to complex, non-standard, and after hours medical information inquiries.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of drug information/medical information or comparable experience within the health care/clinical/hospital environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct literature analysis is required
- Experience developing responses to scientific inquiries from healthcare professionals and/or consumers is required
- Shown strength in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Oncology experience
- A PharmD or PhD degree is highly preferred.
- A Drug Information or clinical residency/fellowship is preferred.
- Project management/team leadership experience
- Proven creative problem solving and understanding of customer needs is highly desired.
- This position is located in Horsham, PA (remote may be considered) and may require up to 15% domestic travel for conference attendance and company meetings.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America-United States
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)