Johnson & Johnson Careers
Procurement Director, Packaging NPD
Requisition ID: 6614181113
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Procurement Director, Packaging Category Consumer New Product Development & Strategic Partner Management located in Skillman, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Through our strategy & road-map driving scale & choice across our packaging portfolio and supplier footprint, the category aspires to deliver value to J&J through all-aspects of spend performance (reliability, fair cost, compliance, sustainability, innovation, design), with innovation as a core enabler. Partnering with internal partners to identify unmet needs and external partners to find viable solutions allows the industry to provide additional value to the Consumer Group, enabling market opportunities we couldn’t capitalize on alone. Engaging parties in early development process allows for building scale & design choices into the development process, reinforcing its position within category strategy for future generations of products. Key to accessing innovation as an enabler is the development and maintenance of strategic partnerships. Experienced external partners that have a deep understanding of strategic priorities, both operational and aspirational, drive cost-competitive development that improves speed-to-market, exclusivity, requirement compliance, and overall value generation. The ability to develop and improve strategic partnerships is paramount to unlocking consistently delivered innovation, which in-turn drives growth, value generation at both the top and bottom line, and ultimately, is a key lever in delivering design choices to the category.
Frequently or daily, you will engage, partner &/or interact with suppliers, internal technical and functional partners, project managers, and finance. You will demonstrate and improve deep skills in value creation through innovation, Category & Supplier Management, complexity reduction, and sourcing; and build deep expertise in product development and packaging, packaging technologies and strategic procurement within the end-2-end supply chain.
Managing a team of 3 managers, you will own upstream sourcing activities associated with an innovation pipeline for the Consumer group, as well as, provide direction on suppliers, materials and design choices associated with planned launches. You will also be an integral part of the Beauty GFLT where you will actively help design, develop and own the Cost and GP improvement agenda related to Procurement by:
- Being accountable to strategize & drive all-aspect spend & supplier performance upstream from development initiation to product launch for packaging including responsibility for global / regional external innovation pipeline and performance targets such as value, reliability, compliance, complexity reduction & NPD support.
- Owning internal partner management as it relates to the Global Beauty Franchise representing Procurement while building a tighter collaboration across functions such as; Design, Packaging, R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain, etc.
- Accelerating the Procurement agenda within the Beauty Franchise with specific focus on cost savings and GP improvement
- Ensuring alignment of material, design and supplier selection choices with category strategy while building scale & reducing complexity
- Owning metrics associated with external pipeline development, cost avoidance, and supplier enabled innovation(SEI) for the Packaging Category
- Collaborating closely with Primary and Secondary Packaging teams and partnering with R&D/PEI to develop, drive and manage robust long-term Joint Strategic Plans (JSPs) focusing on technologies and innovation with S1/S2 suppliers
- Overseeing the development, integration and execution of Sustainability strategy within the category
- Partnering with Regional SC Procurement teams as needed for NPD project execution and supplier management
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required (Procurement/Supply Chain/Economics/Business/Science/Engineering or related field) An advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of procurement, packaging or relevant work experience within a FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) company
- Experience working in an international and cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated experience as active member of a Global Brand / Franchise or Business Unit team
- Proven track record of driving successful outcomes related to Cost Improvements and GP growth
- Partner effectively and influence at all levels including senior leadership outside the function and outside J&J
- Experience managing people and developing talent
- Experience working on complex agreements, including Joint Development Agreements, Intellectual Property Agreements, and / or licensing agreements desirable
- Experience within FMCG is very desirable
- Proven results in Strategic Sourcing is highly desirable
- Working knowledge and proven results in Packaging materials is desirable
- Intellectual curiosity and capacity
- Self-awareness and flexibility
- Ability to lead through influence without direct reporting line
- 10 to 15% travel is required
- Position will be located in Skillman, NJ with frequent need to visit other J&J offices in the area.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
North America-United States-New Jersey
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)