Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Manager, Digital Procurement Agile Team located in New Brunswick NJ with alternate work locations available in Tampa Florida, Zug Switzerland or Prague Czech Republic.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2019 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Manager, Digital Procurement Agile Team will shape, lead, and implement critical process and technology-enabled projects being led out of the Corporate Tier / Global Process Ownership Team. This role will play an integral role in leading the advancement of the digital procurement roadmap. As a member of an agile team, the individual will need to be adaptable to and mobilize around changes in priorities within the roadmap/procurement. The individual requires strong working knowledge of the current procurement process and technology landscape as well as the ability to drive visioning and momentum toward an improved future state.
This role requires the ability to lead project teams from business case development through design, build and implementation of the business process, enabling technology and organization. The individual will provide leadership, project management, and oversight to matrixed project teams, ensuring the delivery of these projects on-time, on-budget and on-quality. This role will work across the procurement three-tiered operating model and cross-functionally with partners in Finance, SC, HR and IT. This individual will report directly to the Global Process Owner (GPO), Procurement but take daily direction from a Procurement Business Architect within the GPO team.
The Position scope of responsibilities include:
- Lead key projects being managed out of the Corporate Tier - GPO area
- Lead the project teams in the defining business case, designing, building and implementing the processes and enabling technology for key projects
- Successfully delivery, through the project teams being led, the project per the business case (on time, on budget and on quality)
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders and key groups impacted like (but not limited to) GS, BU Corp Tier and IT
- Provide the updates to sponsors, stakeholders and governing bodies like (but not limited to) Enterprise Procurement Steering Committee, Digital Procurement Council, PLT, etc.
- Manage the key project elements (and/or the PMs where applicable) like charters, project plans, risk registers, communication plans, stakeholder updates and escalations, etc.
- Transition, from time-to time, projects upon reaching a certain phase to other areas for project ownership/leadership like (but not limited to) to GS-Business Services
- Provide support/input to business planning cycles
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Approximate Percentage of Time - Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities
- 70% - Lead the project teams in the defining business case, designing, building and implementing the processes and enabling technology for key Global Procurement projects. Successfully delivery, through the project teams being led, the project per the business case (on time, on budget and on quality).
- 20% - Manage the key project elements like charters, project plans, risk registers, communication plans, stakeholder updates and escalations, etc.
- 10% - Provide the updates to sponsors, stakeholders and governing bodies like (but not limited to) Enterprise Procurement Steering Committee, Digital Procurement Council, PLT, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience is required. Global procurement experience is highly preferred.
- Must be able to partner effectively and influence at all levels including senior leadership both inside/outside the function and outside J&J.
- Demonstrated engagement and facilitation skills at Director level and above is required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple global projects at the same time successfully.
- Deep understanding of 3 Tier model (GS, BU, CT) and various Supply Chain functions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large project teams through successful implementations of new processes and enabling technology.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations, practices and technologies and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management and Source-to-Settle) is preferred.
- Ability to work on confidential programs.
Experience with procurement process and enabling technologies.
- Ability to work across, influence, and is well connected to all levels of Procurement.
- Understanding of our Procurement core platforms like Ariba, iCertis, Lynx, and other systems .
- Trained and/or certified in FPX, PMP type programs.
- Up to 15% domestic or international travel may be required.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-New Jersey, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague, United States-Florida-Tampa, Switzerland-Zug-Zug
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)