Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 6612190214
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist for the Lead Discovery team, located in Spring House, PA.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, Janssen Research & Development, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology (MCP-SH) group as an Associate Scientist. Responsibilities include:
- Support single cell analysis studies in all five Janssen TA discovery teams by independently operating, maintaining and troubleshooting mass cytometry instruments
- Assist with the development and implementation of mass cytometry-based assays for mechanism-of-action studies on validated small and large molecules as well as for identification of novel targets and biomarkers
- Implement novel cytometry-related methodologies based on the technological advances in the field
- Be a key member of MCP-SH and provide experimental support for programs from target nomination through declaration of a clinical candidate and clinical trials
- Collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary/matrix environment for the progression of drug discovery projects
- MSc degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience or BSc degree with a minimum of 5years of experience in Immunology, Oncology or related scientific field is required
- Hands on expertise in flow or mass cytometry-based assays (e.g. multiparametric panel design, antibody conjugation and optimization, staining for surface and intracellular proteins) is required
- Experience with cell culture techniques and processing human specimens for functional assays is required
- Experience operating and maintaining flow or mass cytometer cell analyzers is preferred
- Working knowledge of flow or mass cytometry data analysis using associated analytical platforms (FlowJo, Cytobank) is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)