Johnson & Johnson Careers
IoT Lead Engineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery
Requisition ID: 6608191003
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is seeking an IoT Lead Engineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery to join our team in Boston, MA where we are building a software platform for our robotic surgery product line.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Digital Orthopedic Surgery team is bringing innovation to patient care. We are using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures. We are creating an extensible operating room ecosystem to support our surgical products. Our vision is to create a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data. We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes through the advancement of medical technology. This role will work on a multi-disciplinary team to deliver next-generation capabilities for production medical systems.
The IoT Lead Engineer will work alongside other software and product development professionals to align on a rigorous development approach and bring to market products of the highest quality and commercial potential. You will build on our existing technologies and innovate new solutions for device connectivity, data exchange, and systems integration. In the IoT space you’ll work with others on bidirectional data paths, edge gateways, cloud gateways, high-scale data ingestion, and event generation and consumption. Your role will also extend to cybersecurity concerns at all levels of the product and the support infrastructure.
- Collaborate with software engineers, product development engineers, cybersecurity and quality professionals, systems engineering, and product owners to build foundational components of our surgical platform
- Strategize with IoT and software engineering professionals locally and throughout Johnson & Johnson on broad strategic goals
- Working with Test Engineers to devise testing strategies and scenarios on which to build test cases
- Write design descriptions and architectural documentation in compliance with regulation our Quality Management System
- Work with Product Development specialists to develop product requirements. Refine user stories and acceptance criteria with product owners and the development team
- Build or enhance automation toolchains and our continuous integration pipeline
- Enable next-generation IoT capabilities for our surgical robotics platform
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- A major in Computer Science or similar is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in technology and software development is required.
- Experience with Linux shells and/or the Windows CLI is required. You understand one or both of those operating systems at a low-level.
- Your IoT experience has involved the use of either Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure.
- You must able to build sophisticated automation pipelines using your own faculties and creative drive.
- Experience designing and assisting implementation of a security scheme/cyber security for the operating system and at the application layer.
- Experience with relational databases and handling data of various lineages and formats.
- You have strong capabilities with a common scripting language (Ex: Python, Bash, PowerShell, Perl, etc.).
- It is helpful to have practical experience with medical device software regulations such as IEC 62304 and ISO 14971 and other FDA guidelines
- Familiarity with common programming languages such as C++, C# is a bonus in considering your application
- Agile software development experience and familiarity with Agile development practices will contribute to your eligibility.
- It is strongly preferred that you have experience working in a highly regulated environment, medical devices in particular.
- Position will be located in Boston and may require up to 20% percent domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)