Ethicon, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for Director, Global Strategic Marketing – Energy Strategy, Brand & Portfolio based in Cincinnati, OH; with consideration being based in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platform and technologies including sutures, hemostats products, surgical staplers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures, and energy based surgical devices. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety, and effectiveness of surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc was started within Ethicon, and was separated and moved to Cincinnati, Ohio over 20 years ago, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today along with innovative energy devices for surgery.
Energy is a priority platform for Ethicon, representing a sizable portion of the global Ethicon portfolio, with expectations for continued and accelerated growth in the future. This will require strong relationships with global, regional, and functional senior management. We are part of ETHICON’s Digital Surgery organization.
Learn more at www.ethicon.com or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon
The Director, GSM Energy Strategy, Brand & Portfolio will be responsible for driving the overall brand strategy, portfolio growth and coordinating the platform’s strategy with Ethicon’s prioritized specialties.
The Director, GSM Energy Strategy, Brand & Portfolio will:
- Shape and lead the overall Energy Business Strategy within Digital Surgery in partnership with Energy LT and cross-functional partners
- Shape and lead the Brand strategy to deliver portfolio growth objectives as part of Energy Business Strategy
- Shape and lead the global internal and external platform communication strategy and customer facing brand campaigns for Harmonic, Enseal, Megadyne and our capital.
- Design platform evidence capabilities to influence organization on how to effectively generate and disseminate clinically meaningful evidence
- Shape, lead and advance Science of Energy Training platform (both professional and commercial education)
- Shape and lead the global KOL mapping and customer connectivity strategy to gain insights into strategy and pipeline
- Lead the launch of our (refined) Value Proposition based on key market research
- Partner with regional marketing and other key commercial partners (Finance, Global Business Insights) to execute on commercial initiatives to accomplish near term business plan objectives
- Co-lead and collaborate with Supply Chain, Life Cycle Engineering, and regional marketing to design a long-term portfolio/lifecycle strategy. Includes product cadence with new launches and portfolio optimization activities
- Represent the global Energy team with Finance and Clearwater partners to strengthen profitability and continuity across the platform
- Drive competitive scenario planning activities and rebuttal strategies
- People management responsibilities to include 2 direct reports
- Own the roll out of the new Energy Culture communication
- Represent the global Energy team in partnership with the Legal team to protect IP and strengthen our platform security against competitive threats
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, Life Cycle Engineering, and regional marketing to design a long-term portfolio/lifecycle strategy. Includes product cadence with new launches and portfolio optimization activities
- Partner with Quality partners to ensure implementation of product quality standards and address potential field events
- Manage financial targets within specified budgets and timeframes and ensure applicable company compliance with all relevant country and regional requirements, company regulations, policies and procedures
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree preferred
A minimum of eight (8) years of progressive business experience is required
A minimum of five (5) years of marketing experience is required (healthcare marketing experience preferred)
Previous regional in line marketing experience and Global Strategic Marketing experience is preferred
Strategic thinking is a strength and required
Experience in Brand Marketing is preferred
Experience in Digital Marketing preferred
Experience with Marketing Excellence/Mastery, including Launch Excellence principles is required
Experience in product or solutions development including needs assessment, portfolio management, new opportunity assessment, and product lifecycle management is preferred.
Proven ability to work in a Global matrix organization is required
Proven ability to manage a team is required
Excellent cross-functional and management influencing skills and ability to develop customer relationships required
Demonstrated competency building and executing Marketing strategy preferred
Experience with supply chain, global brand management, new product launches and influencing a sales force is preferred
Ability to be creative, innovative, communicate well and influence through others
Willingness to try new things, take risks, and think outside the box
This position is based in Cincinnati, OH, with consideration to being based in Somerville, NJ and may require up to 25% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)