Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer (1 of 2 openings)
Requisition ID: 6598181105
Sightbox is looking for a Lead Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to join us in our Portland, OR office.
Sightbox is a new way for contact lens wearers to experience vision care. We are passionate about educating people about the importance of eye care - and in doing so are preserving the doctorpatient relationship. Sightbox joined Johnson & Johnson Vision in 2017. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for an experienced lead QA Engineer to join our growing product development team and take ownership of one of our core products. You’ll develop and execute a cohesive QA strategy and establish best practices for automated testing of web, mobile, and serverless microservices for continuous integration/deployment. As this is a foundational QA lead role with a mixture of strategy and execution, our ideal candidate will leverage their strong experience in quickly growing small to mid-sized companies to help us establish how validation should be done.
- Establish QA strategy and best practices for web, mobile, and serverless microservices that are developed in React.js and Node.js.
- Help establish a CI/CD deployment pipeline with automated unit and integration testing.
- Participate and be a strong voice in design, development, and deployment of new and existing product features.
- Develop and execute manual tests for our legacy web applications while driving towards automation of as much as possible.
- Track and work to improve quality assurance metrics.
- High School diploma is required, a bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a QA Engineer or SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) is required.
- Experience in QAE methodology, tooling, and release processes.
- Experience writing and executing test plans.
- Experience with automated testing for continuous integration/deployment.
- Extensive experience with RESTful APIs, GraphQL and JSON.
- Strong attention to detail and ownership mentality.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in Linux OS.
- People feel heard when communicating with you through writing and conversation.
- Ability to direct a conversation toward solution without coming across as brisk or pushy.
- Genuinely curious about people, contact lens wearers, and local businesses operating in the vision industry.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn’t an option.
- Your positive attitude puts people at ease.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage your time within a fast-paced environment
What you'll be a part of at Sightbox is awesome! We are a startup, but we’re also a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care. In addition to world-class standard benefits and a competitive salary, we have perks such as:
- Top of the line Macbook Pro, dual monitors, and a standing desk.
- Nitro cold brew and sparkling water on tap.
- Pet insurance.
- Parking/transit pre-tax benefits.
- Generous time off for full-time employees.
- Learning credits.
- Theme days and company outings.
- Newly renovated downtown office digs.
- A really, really fun group of co-workers.
We have a collective success culture: everyone contributes to how we win. Cross-functionally and across the company, we share common goals and work tirelessly for our members. We learn new things every day, support one another and we more than value work-life balance (truly—without balance we will not find sustainable success).
As a team, we’re committed to creating a unique and rewarding vision health experience for contact lens wearers. We all know that our healthcare system is in need of innovation— we’re focused on using technology to address needed change while keeping doctors at the heart of the experience.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)