Johnson & Johnson Careers
Front-End Software Engineer - React Native
Requisition ID: 6595181105
Sightbox is a new way for contact lens wearers to experience vision care. We are passionate about educating people about the importance of eye care - and in doing so are preserving the doctor-patient relationship. Sightbox joined Johnson & Johnson Vision in 2017. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
What you'll do
- Work closely with our team lead and backend engineers to develop simple and intuitive interfaces for mobile applications.
- Collaborate on best practices for all phases of development, testing and deployment.
- Research, test and benchmark new technologies.
- Create a best-in-class experience and app by iterating and A/B testing all facets of the user experience.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 4+ years experience in mobile application development preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with React Native preferred.
- Experience building a React or native mobile app with traffic at scale
- Ability to architect, refactor, and debug an app without disrupting users
- Proficient with mobile application life cycles
- Should have multiple apps deployed to the app store and a deep knowledge of the distribution processes
- Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON.
- Understanding of unit and functional testing best practices.
- Strong with cross-device and cross-platform compatibility issues, optimization and accessibility techniques.
- Some experience with native Android and/or iOS development.
- Experience working on a Scrum or Agile team.
- Familiarity with Redux, Context API, Mobx and GraphQl
- Photoshop or Sketch
What you'll be a part of at Sightbox is awesome! We are a startup, but we’re also a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care. In addition to world-class standard benefits and a competitive salary, we have perks such as:
- Macbook Pro, dual monitors, and a standing desk
- Nitro cold brew and sparkling water on tap
- Pet insurance
- Parking/transit pre-tax benefits
- Generous time off for full-time employees
- Learning credits
- Theme days and company outings
- Newly renovated downtown office digs
- A really, really fun group of co-workers
We have a collective success culture: everyone contributes to how we win. Cross-functionally and across the company, we share common goals and work tirelessly for our members. We learn new things every day, support one another and we more than value work-life balance (truly—without balance we will not find sustainable success).
As a team, we’re committed to creating a unique and rewarding vision health experience for contact lens wearers. We all know that our healthcare system is in need of innovation— we’re focused on using technology to address needed change while keeping doctors at the heart of the experience.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)