Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist, Antibody and ADC Engineering
Requisition ID: 6577191002
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Antibody and ADC Engineering located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Principal Scientist position is a leadership position within the Biologics Discovery team. The successful candidate will drive biologics discovery in partnership with different therapeutic areas (TA) including oncology, immunology, metabolic diseases, neurology and infectious diseases. As a scientific leader in the department, the Principal Scientist will interact with other functional areas to design and implement next generation targeting and conjugation technologies for antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). The positions responsibilities also include therapeutic portfolio project leadership in a matrixed organization and innovation by adding cutting-edge automation to the multi-specific workflows. The scope of this position encompasses:
- Lead a team responsible for developing next generation targeting technologies to enable first-in class and best-in class antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) and other multispecific antibodies.
- Lead and execute molecular biology, such as in silico sequence fitness assessments, PCR-based cloning, construct design, library and/or site-directed mutagenesis strategies for the biologic’s portfolio
- Develop workflows for high-sensitivity, high-throughput assays (protein and/or cell-based) for antibody and cellular therapeutics to select leads with excellent biophysical and manufacturing properties with reduced immunogenic potential
- PhD in molecular biology, bioengineering, biochemistry, biophysics or a related discipline with a minimum 5 years of experience is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques is required
- Hands-on work experience in antibody engineering, affinity optimization with strong understanding of protein structure-function relationships is required.
- Prior experience with various bioconjugation methods and characterization preferred
- Clear communication skills in writing and presentation is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Protein Expression techniques is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of automation systems and workflows for nucleic acid and protein workflows is preferred
- Understanding of high-throughput construct design, restriction-free and restriction-based cloning is preferred
- Evidence of material scientific accomplishments such as a peer-reviewed publication or patents is preferred
- A minimum of two years of supervising research scientists/associates in a laboratory setting is required.
- Leading a project to completion or championing a technology initiative is preferred
- Hands-on experience with development of workflow automation for biologics is preferred
- Hands-on experience with multi-specific and/or CAR-T scaffold design, engineering and profiling is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)