Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Electronics Manufacturing Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 6557190606
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Electromechanical Development Engineer (Digital Surgery) to be based in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
In this role you will join a team of engineers dedicated to leading R&D Electromechanical (EM) Manufacturing and Process Development activities of components and assemblies for our growing business. You will be involved with leading the qualification and transfer of the components / assemblies from New Products Development (NPD) to our Outside External Manufacturing (OEM) suppliers.
- Partner with our Engineering teams to define the manufacturing and process requirements for electromechanical components/assemblies to meet established cost, quality, and performance requirements.
- Collaborate with design engineers (mechanical and electrical) to develop robust component designs for manufacturing.
- Qualify the electromechanical components manufacturing processes, that could include: SMT (surface mount technology), BGA/PGA, device packaging, micro-electronics, motors, gearboxes, wire harnesses, power supplies, LCD displays, PCBA's, rigid/flex circuits, EPROM's (electronic programming read only memory), ASIC’s, transduces, software validation, HiPot testing and in-circuit testing.
- Utilize Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques, Lean Six Sigma process tools, and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) tools to drive the product design to its most efficient outcome.
- Operate in a matrixed organization and partner with NPD teams to insure the product design incorporates good DFMA principals.
- Provide project planning, design support, process development knowledge, and qualification / validation / stabilization execution.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required (Electrical, Manufacturing, Process, Mechanical, and Bio-Medical Engineering is preferred).
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience is required.
- Experience with electronic product development or manufacturing is required.
- Experience with development of one of the following is preferred: PCBA, switch circuit assemblies, batteries, motor gearboxes or flex circuit assemblies.
- Experience with process development and characterization is preferred.
- Experience with the following is preferred: capability studies, risk management, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis, control plans, test plans, and new manufacturing equipment development.
- Experience with Six Sigma methodologies, statistical techniques are preferred.
- Experience with ISO and/or cGMP regulations is preferred.
- Experience with RoHS, UL and IEC 60601 product safety and EMC requirements are preferred.
- Experience with IPC acceptance, workmanship, ESD and EMI controls is preferred.
- Experience in the development of Medical devices is preferred.
- This position is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and may require up to 25% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)