Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Life Cycle Management Engineer
Requisition ID: 6556181105
DePuy Synthes Companies, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Staff Life Cycle Management Engineer for Mitek Sports Medicine, located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- Develop a strategy for supporting newly launched products throughout their active life-cycles. This includes, but is not limited to, leading and supporting cost improvement projects and business continuity initiatives with emphasis around electro-mechanical components.
- Function as an integral member of a team in support of manufacturing operations performed by external manufacturers, providing technical services to ensure quality, cost and performance objectives are met.
- Work with external suppliers to validate process changes related to electromechanical devices, and replacement of materials or tooling.
- Collaborate with R&D and Quality engineers to implement changes to product design, manufacturing processes, and product specifications as required.
- Coordinate activities of other technical support staff and delegate assignments as required.
- Maintain clear communication with internal and external business partners.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- A degree focused in an Engineering discipline (Electrical or Mechanical) is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years related experience in a highly regulated industry (FDA, GMP, ISO, etc.) is required.
- Experience in the Orthopaedic Medical Device industry is preferred.
- Experience working with an integrated cross-functional new product development team required.
- Strong technical communication skills and experience working independently with external suppliers is required.
- Experience working with industry standards such as UL, RoHS and IEC 60601-1 is preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing techniques such as device assembly, circuit board test fixtures development is preferred.
- Experience managing design and manufacturing-related activities within the requirements of 13485 Design Control requirements is preferred.
- Prior experience participating in process efficiency improvement, technology transfer into base business, or cost reduction projects is required.
- Proficient knowledge of Process Excellence / Six Sigma statistical analysis techniques and its application in manufacturing processes is preferred.
- This position will be based in Raynham, MA and may require up to 20% travel (domestic and international).
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)