Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Protein Sciences to be in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Discovery Technologies and Molecular Pharmacology team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high-quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds for all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, screening and protein science coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
The Structural & Protein Sciences department is responsible for the delivery of proteins to enable assay development, HTS, pharmacological profiling and structural biology (X-ray crystallography, Cryo-EM and NMR). The Protein Science Team collaborates closely with Janssen Therapeutic Areas and functional teams and with external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect with our partners to deliver on goals and objectives, foster an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication. Candidates with superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team are preferred. The Senior Associate Scientist, Protein Sciences will:
- Participate in the design and implementation of protein purification strategies that provide active proteins for use in assays and structural biology
- Majority of time will be hands-on work in the laboratory
- Develop innovative protein science approaches including evaluation of new technologies
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge science in drug discovery
- Analyze, interpret, summarize and report experimental data
- Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent major with 5 or more years of industry or relevant laboratory research experience is required.
- Master’s degree with at least 3 or more years industry or relevant laboratory research experience is preferred
- Expertise in the purification of high-quality proteins using standard techniques and equipment (ex. Westerns, SDS-PAGE, affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion chromatography via FPLC) is required
- Expertise in protein characterization using techniques such as analytical gel filtration, mass spectrometry, dynamic light scattering is preferred
- Experience in protein construct design is preferred
- Experience in recombinant expression of proteins in various heterologous systems (ex.E. coli bacteria, insect cells, mammalian cell lines, and/or cell-free systems) is preferred
- Knowledge of protein hydrogen-deuterium exchange is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)