Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics, EHS&S (Environmental Health Safety & Sustainability)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Environmental Health & Safety
Requisition ID: 6547180711
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics, EHS&S to be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 129 years. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies in more than 60 countries, employing approximately 128,700 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
This role has two different but related facets: 1.) implementing a multi-year, capitalized new EHS&S data system; and 2.) increasing both the efficiency of how data is collected/managed/visualized and the value J&J derives from the data. The DBIA directs a team responsible for enterprise EHS&S information collection, delivery, and tools. S/he is responsible for function’s overall data strategy, the performance reporting processes/deadlines/outputs and s/he will move EHS&S towards predictive analytics and mobile technologies. The DBIA chairs a cross-functional EHS&S data/analytics governance team and will spend a significant proportion of time planning and coordinating work efforts with other groups, including Information Technology (IT), Supply Chain Knowledge Management, Engineering & Property Services and Global Health. When successfully executed, EHS&S will have one global, standardized EHS&S management system that has created efficiencies for our sites and enabled us to be more predictive/proactive in our work.
The DBIA will create strong relationships with Regional Leaders, Campus Leaders, and site users to fully represent all stakeholders in the requirements for gathering and standardization of data and analytics. The Director, EHS&S Process Excellence will be a key partner in developing the standardized processes in support of this role. Key business partners include IT, Supply Chain Knowledge Management and Supply Chain Strategy & Deployment. Vendor relationship management is a key part of this role. Additionally, The DBIA will work with the Sr. Managers of EHS&S Engagement, and EHS&S Capability Building to ensure success.
- Manage lifecycle of global EHS&S IT projects, i.e. concept, prioritization, business justification, funding, resourcing, requirements analysis/definition, solution evaluation, design, build, test, deploy, support and maintenance.
- Direct the development and global deployment of Intelex EHS&S modules within the boundaries of the approved CAR and expense budget.
- Standardize/streamline approaches to EHS&S information delivery, seeking ways to improve utilization and adoption.
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure key stakeholder EHS&S information management needs are considered and met.
- Create data visualizations that are responsive to needs, engaging and support decision-making.
- Stay abreast of latest technologies and trends in data management and mobility; collaborate on an EHS&S mobility strategy.
- Lead cross-functional EHS&S data & analytics governance team.
- Respond nimbly to data requests but build organizational capabilities and user-friendly self-service tools in parallel.
- Lead and mentor a high-performing support team and communicate regularly with the EHS&S leadership team.
- Lead and coordinate activities for a team of external consultants and software vendors.
- University/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience is preferred
- Demonstrated experience implementing standardized IT systems and tools at an enterprise (and global) level is required.
- The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of EHS&S, and a demonstrated affinity for IT is required.
- Ideal candidate also has experience with Agile methodology of software development, and has experience with the following IT platforms: Intelex, Corporater, SharePoint, and one or more BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Cognos, Metric Studio, Spotfire, etc. is preferred.
- Proven ability to manage effective teams in highly dynamic environments is required.
- Ability to balance many points of view while still advancing standardization is required.
- Able to ruthlessly prioritize work but handle multiple workstreams is required
- Background in statistics/analytics is preferred
- Good verbal, written and customer service-focused communication skills; ability to simplify IT-speak for non-IT decision makers with excellent attention to detail is required.
- This position requires up to 15% domestic travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)
Environmental Health & Safety