Johnson & Johnson Careers
Engineering Fellow, Visualization
Requisition ID: 6534190204
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is recruiting for a Engineering Fellow, Visualization (Digital Surgery) to be based in Raynham, MA.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
At Johnson and Johnson, we believe that digital technologies will serve major role within our Medical Devices business moving forward. In order appropriately develop and invest in new products and services in the space of digital healthcare technologies, Johnson and Johnson Medical Devices has created the Digital Platforms Center of Excellence. This newly created unit will be tasked with developing and commercializing, in partnership with various platforms and businesses within the Medical Devices sector, digitally enabled technologies such as robotics, remote monitoring rehabilitation services, and advanced surgical visualization products.
The Engineering Fellow, Visualization will serve as the leader of a team of research scientists and engineers working to synthesize, process, and analyze imaging data to develop new techniques and algorithms for use by surgical teams and robotic surgery applications. In partnership with the Visualization and Digital Engineering leadership this role is responsible for defining the overall Medical Device technology strategy for advanced visualization technologies including hardware, optics, and image analysis. This individual be accountable for executing against key milestones and commitments as agreed to across various business units within MD.
- Lead the development of Optics and Software technologies including solutions for image synthesis and analysis to serve applications across Medical Devices.
- Serve as a Technical Leader in the identification and direction of scientific and engineering talent in image algorithm development.
- Develop intellectual property in imaging and analysis.
- Provide progress updates to key R&D and other business stakeholders on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Represents Johnson & Johnson in the external scientific and engineering communities, setting a standard of technical excellence and insight in imaging commensurate with the established acumen and standards of J&J scientific leaders in the community.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline is required.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in imaging, Specifically algorithm development for image processing and analysis, is required.
- Experience in Optics or vision system design is strongly preferred.
- Experience with 3D imaging/mapping is required.
- Experience with Deep Learning is required.
- Experience with SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping) is preferred, particularly in medical contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, managing, and developing talent is required.
- Software development experience within an FDA-regulated industry environment is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in partnering and influencing across a matrix environment is required.
- Demonstrated track record of flawless execution of product development leading to successful commercial product release is required.
- The ability to leverage relations with key constituents to deliver tangible results and clinical insights is required.
- Demonstrated effective change leadership and change management skills are required.
- Experience working in start-up environment or organizations with an Agile culture
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- The ability to actively develop talent and culture to achieve results is required.
- Strong influencing skills are required.
- This position will be based in Raynham, MA and may require up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)