Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director, External Biologics Discovery located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
This Director will be responsible and accountable for leading External Biologics Discovery. The role will support projects in all therapeutic areas for Janssen (Oncology, Neurosciences, Immunology, CVM and Infectious Diseases). They must bring strong leadership and organizational skills and in-depth technical knowledge about the Biologics Discovery process. They must be able to manage an extensive portfolio of programs, balancing appropriate resources based on project priority. This Director must exhibit excellent collaboration as they will, in addition to managing an extensive network of external CROs, interface with other functions within discovery, development, and the therapeutic areas.
Additional responsibilities include working with senior leaders to drive success and meet productivity goals of Biologics Discovery and the Janssen BioTherapeutics organization.
- Responsible and accountable for end-to-end external Biologics Discovery
- Responsible for the Reagent Generation group, which supports the entire internal and external pipeline for Biologics Discovery
Be an effective leader of the group and be responsible for driving productivity and delivering results with a sense of urgency
Responsible for the development of all employees including management development and training to meet current and future business needs
Sets priorities and objectives of managers and scientific staff, as directed by agreed upon Therapeutic Area (TA) needs
Identify key issues and allocate resources to support goals and support stage gate progression of preclinical candidates
Possess in-depth and current knowledge of biologics discovery technologies
Assist in directing efforts in management for Biologics Discovery
Author patents, publications and trade secrets
Support preparation of regulatory documents
Work adeptly in a matrix environment and act as internal consultant in areas of expertise
Apply subject matter expertise to evaluations of external collaborations, acquisitions, technologies
- Candidate should possess a PhD
- 5 Years of People Management Experience
- Experience running antibody generation campaigns
- Team leadership and experience in matrixed environment
- Experience working with Oncology, Neurosciences, Immunology, CVM and Infectious Diseases therapeutic areas is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver/generate quality antibodies using in vivo approaches through patents and/or publications
- Demonstrated ability of strategic thinking and demonstrated ability to swiftly identify appropriate technology collaborations
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results leveraging a combination of internal and external resources
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)