Johnson & Johnson Careers
Project Manager, Hip Development
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 6531190313
DePuy Synthes a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is hiring a Project Manager, Hip Development in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.\
DePuy Synthes develops, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for a wide range of Hips Replacement Products and services.
• The Project Manager is considered a subject matter expert. They will assist in the implementation of new processes and training.
• They will identify critical paths and roadblocks within a project and offer solutions to roadblocks. They will provide leadership and guidance to team members.
• Individuals in this position will possess critical organizational knowledge. They will mentor and provide leadership to junior project managers.
• The Project Manager will identify appropriate project strategies that match product and market goals and understand and follow the NPD process with a focus on quality.
• Manage project risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques and be responsible for working with partners to develop project plans and project risk analyses for all assigned projects.
• Will communicate on project status to all project partners. Communication includes: project meeting minutes, post-market introduction reports, monthly updates and any status or project information needed.
• Will define key project constraints such as scope, schedule, budget, resources and risks and clearly communicate roles, expectations and accountabilities to team members on a regular basis.
• Will be the lead contact for all internal partners (manufacturing, accounting, purchasing, sterilization, packaging, etc.) regarding project activities and establish and maintain relationships with all partners (global & domestic).
• Will be responsible for creation and approval of project budget (if appropriate) and liaise with functional managers or partners as needed to ensure project goals are achieved.
• The Project Manager will lead project teams and work with management to resolve resource gaps.
• Will know and follow all laws and policies that apply to their job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Will diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or Chief Compliance Officer and promote and foster the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related technical field is required.
• A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience is required.
• A minimum of 1 years of project leadership experience is required.
• Demonstrated success in leading a project from concept through market introduction is required.
• Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Project, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint) is required.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage a varied workload is required.
• Demonstrated exceptional problem-solving ability is required.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
• The ability to work independently, provide multiple solutions to problems and effectively integrate systems is required.
• This candidate must be well organized, self-motivated, energetic, creative and resourceful.
• In addition, this candidate must demonstrate strong leadership, management and team work qualities.
• Ability to travel up to 20%-25% required.
• An advanced degree is preferred.
• Experience working in the Medical Device industry in mechanical and/or software/electronics area is preferred.
• A Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)